• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we don't resign Jackson and Reddick....

musicman

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

I thought teams generally restructured with a long term deal for a tag and trade with the idea everyone is on board and the only purpose is not just let players walk aka Peppers, though you’re right Pep was worth every penny.

And I’m just throwing poo here I don’t know if this is possible contract wise to begin with.

The issue is you’re guaranteeing 15M, off next year’s cap, in hopes of getting what? Every team would know you hamstrung yourself because you don’t want to pay him. Neither would they. Especially with this roster and investment in CBs. It’s definitely really only responsible to do with All-Pros like Peppers. 

I'm not exactly expecting much in the ways of compensatory picks. Since our OLine has been so fuging bad we probably are going to need more than just the draft to try and take care of it. Just hopefully whatever FA players we try for on the Line aren't "Dumpster Diving" quality players.

Edited by ichigo1057

48 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Jackson isn’t that good. No one is giving us a 1st or 2nd so just get the 3rd round comp and don’t risk our bluff getting called.

If Rhule is coming back he's going to sign hella Pat Efleins and Cam Erving's in free agency. You can go ahead and kiss comp picks goodbye.

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the investments we've made at CB, I'm inclined to let D-Jax walk and take the comp pick. 

Reddick depends on scheme IMO. Either rub a straight up 3-4 or let him walk and take the comp pick. In 4-3 base, he and Reddick are redundant and light on the pants against the run. They're nightmare bookends as 3-4 OLBs though.

We should try to keep Reddick and run a real 3-4, not Snow's hybrid college bull poo. 

I would look to trade Derrick Brown while he is still on his rookie deal and has value. We need a true 3-4 nose tackle who isn't Charmin ultra soft.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, musicman said:

Don't we get 2 conditionals (a 3rd or 4th round pick) or 1 or each?

Reasons: Burns is identical and Gross is a future (stronger DE). If Gillmore signs and we like Taylor, we have Horn as our #1.

Get the picks but not doing anything.

I definitely don’t expect Jax to be back. I actually think that he’s one reason we brought in so much competing CB talent. Staff sick of the antics and freelance mentality. But he’s got talent so you don’t bench him. 

As far as Burns and Reddick…I would sign whichever player gives you the most cap flexibility. Reddick has been solid for a few years. Burns is obviously very good too. Just not sure I’d break the bank for him. He’s got 8 sacks. This franchise been down the “Im the best DE in the league but I routinely post 10 or less sacks” road with other contracts in the past. Not worth it. 

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

We should try to keep Reddick and run a real 3-4, not Snow's hybrid college bull poo. 

I would look to trade Derrick Brown while he is still on his rookie deal and has value. We need a true 3-4 nose tackle who isn't Charmin ultra soft.

I’d trade Brown as well. I’d also trade Burns if it nets you a QB or LT (even if that’s a 1st round pick). Sign Reddick and roll with the DTs you have. If we end up sinking 100 mil into burns im gonna be angry. 

21 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I’d trade Brown as well. I’d also trade Burns if it nets you a QB or LT (even if that’s a 1st round pick). Sign Reddick and roll with the DTs you have. If we end up sinking 100 mil into burns im gonna be angry. 

Burns does his best work when he doesn't have to have his hand planted in the dirt. He is an edge rusher and needs to be used that way in a 3-4. Rhule and Snow keep using him as a D lineman and he just isn't big enough to play the run. We have the harder to find, more valuable pieces already in place to run a traditional 3-4. Just need a nose tackle that doesn't give up when he gets double teamed. *cough* Derrick Brown *cough*

Gross Matos and Fox have shown the can play DE in a 3-4. DaQuan Jones is old and Brown is too damn soft. It's hard to evaluate Nixon and Hoskins as they were injured practically all year or Rhule didn't let them see the field. Roy is nothing more than a 4th string DT. We're a MLB and NT away from having a really good 3-4 front 7. Shaq Proved he is an above average MLB this season. Carter just isn't good enough to play full time next to him.

Moving back to a 4-3 would require a lot more investment than just implementing an NFL style 3-4. 

Edited by Eazy-E

Looking at last year, the Titans lost two top free agents (Conklin $14mil and Mariota $9mil) and signed one (Beasley $10mil).

Beasley offset the lower lost FA, so they picked up a third round comp pick. 

So if we lose Reddick (a likely 3rd) and D Jax, we could offset DJ with someone and not lose the 3rd. We just need to sign less than we lose.