• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Targets: O’Brien, Jay Gruden

BIGH2001

The issue was never OC. Brady while being inexperienced as a play caller was a big problem his ability to design some nice plays was actually very good, he just had no idea how to call a game. The main issue is all the positional coaches are from Temple and Baylor and just simply aren't NFL level coaches. Will the new OC have the power to bring in some of their own coaches? My guess is no and that's why no one with any other options is going to take this job. 

• Flames 1

Tepper will bump their salary plus they know if Rhule fails again they are taking over mid season. If we get an OC with head coaching experience, I’ll feel a little better about next season. That’s a sign Tepper is making Rhule bring in outside help (which honestly makes no sense why we are keeping Rhule). 

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper will bump their salary plus they know if Rhule fails again they are taking over mid season. If we get an OC with head coaching experience, I’ll feel a little better about next season. That’s a sign Tepper is making Rhule bring in outside help (which honestly makes no sense why we are keeping Rhule). 

Are those really guys you'd want as your head coach, though?

O'Connell maybe but if you wanna go tht route there are probably better options.

One other thing: I believe bumping an interim to a full time job allows you to skirt the Rooney Rule. Is that something Tepper wants to do?

Regardless, if these guys represent Tepper's head coaching choices, I'm gonna echo that call that he needs to hire an outside consultant (or let Fitterer and Morgan handle that process).

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

O'Connell maybe but if you wanna go tht route there are probably better options.

One other thing: I believe bumping an interim to a full time job allows you to skirt the Rooney Rule. Is that something Tepper wants to do?

I’d imagine someone from the Steelers organization actually cares about the Rooney rule. 

this just doesn’t make a lot of sense. You’re basically preparing yourself to have someone with head coaching experience for when you fire ruhle. 

just fuging fire him already 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really. It’s something to attract a solid OC though. I don’t think we will extend them the following year unless they really turn the team around which will be very difficult with a shitty OL and Darnold…

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’d imagine someone from the Steelers organization actually cares about the Rooney rule. 

this just doesn’t make a lot of sense. You’re basically preparing yourself to have someone with head coaching experience for when you fire ruhle. 

just fuging fire him already 

Maybe. Not guaranteed though, and it's not hard to imagine Tepper being a guy who sees himself as above the rules.

But yeah, just fire him already. What's the point?

Also, as mentioned above, firing him gives you access to a lot better choices than these guys.

Edited by Mr. Scot