• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep Hamilton is top choice for OC now

Zod

If I remember correctly, he was a QB at West Charlotte back in the day.  So yeah, he's definitely a local guy.

Edit:  After looking up his Wiki we were in high school at the same time.  I thought his name rang a bell outside of hearing hit around the League.  West Charlotte was really good back in those days. 

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

PPG 2013-2015
2013: 14th
2014: 5th

2015: 28th (lost QB for season)

Total yards:
2013: 15th

2014: 3rd

2015: 27th (backup QB)

Half a season.  Before he was lost Luck was on course for his worst season as a pro.

Luck was a far, far better player in 16 and 18 after Hamilton was elsewhere.

54 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Many of you are trashing the "run first" approach to offense.  Tennessee has a bye this week. 

Run first is good, especially if you don’t have an elite QB. The problem is when you get behind it’s hard to adjust the offense. It will be a good offense for Darnold and to help transition a rookie the following year. Mac Jones has thrived in a run first offense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Run first is good, especially if you don’t have an elite QB. The problem is when you get behind it’s hard to adjust the offense. It will be a good offense for Darnold and to help transition a rookie the following year. Mac Jones has thrived in a run first offense. 

Yup AJ Brown went off in a few games when they needed to pass the ball, Tannehill still went for 3700 yards, 21-14 TD to int ratio. Imagine if Rhule had Derrick Henry instead of CMC and lost him for 8 weeks? Tennessee barely flinched

Pep had Mills (a 2nd round rookie) looking good and developing. I wonder if we try to trade down and grab a Howell/Strong in the 2nd. If BC is a better LT than LG we could grab a solid LG or C later in the first with Strong in the 2nd and maybe have a young offense with some potential when the season is over…

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Pep had Mills (a 2nd round rookie) looking good and developing. I wonder if we try to trade down and grab a Howell/Strong in the 2nd. If BC is a better LT than LG we could grab a solid LG or C later in the first with Strong in the 2nd and maybe have a young offense with some potential when the season is over…

3rd round rookie* 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

was that Pep? Was LSU’s record breaking season Joe Brady?  

Current OC had a top tier pass attack the year prior when then GM traded away Nuk Hopkins.  Yeah, he had Watson but there wasn’t much in Hou then either. 

Gets hard to tell sometimes.  Passing game coordinator isn’t calling the O. 

if Pep is that good….why has he bounced around so heavily since he was fired in Indy.   He basically has turned into a one year bounce around rental. 

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm sure its been said, but if Pep Hamilton is the "rockstar" OC... oh wee mayne

If Sam Darnold is a promising young QB who played one of his best games this past weekend….then Pep can be a rockstar.   Anything can be anything you want in Carolina.  

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

was that Pep? Was LSU’s record breaking season Joe Brady?  

Current OC had a top tier pass attack the year prior when then GM traded away Nuk Hopkins.  Yeah, he had Watson but there wasn’t much in Hou then either. 

Gets hard to tell sometimes.  Passing game coordinator isn’t calling the O. 

if Pep is that good….why has he bounced around so heavily since he was fired in Indy.   He basically has turned into a one year bounce around rental. 

seems like you have input on Pep. Has he really failed anywhere he has gone? Ive been looking into it and I cant really find anything outside of the Luck injury season.

Edited by TheCasillas

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

seems like you have input on Pep. Has he really failed anywhere he has gone? Ive been looking into it and I cant really find anything outside of the Luck injury season.

As I said, he is an improvement over anything Rhule has had to date.   But that isn’t saying much.  

He basically has a new job every year.   Not sure he has really hung around long enough to fail or succeed anywhere. 

his only OC job I felt was strictly because he had relationship with Luck from Stanford.  Is he a NFL OC if he wasn’t Luck’s college OC?