• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule is coming back next year. There’s nothing we can do about it and we need to move on.

hepcat

5 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

You can always cheer for the players.  Remember yes they may suck but they diddnt put themselves on the field.

One of the problems is Rhule won't put them on the field to route for them. If we had BC and Deonte, maybe Shi and TMJ playing all year and taking their lumps we'd be more accepting of "the process". They're pretty much all still question marks for no reason

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

One of the problems is Rhule won't put them on the field to route for them. If we had BC and Deonte, maybe Shi and TMJ playing all year and taking their lumps we'd be more accepting of "the process". They're pretty much all still question marks for no reason

Rhule might be even more stubborn than Rivera about young players. 

• Beer 1

I'm strangely okay with it. Not super enthused about Rhule's third year, but I'm REALLY not up for another regime change. 

Maybe Rhule can learn from his mistakes. Maybe he can grow. Maybe we expect too much instant gratification to let a leader develop. 

It took Rhule one year to create the league's second best defense. Our offense was hindered by a garbage line and our franchise RB being injured AGAIN. If we invest in quality protection, maybe we can see a similar turnaround on the offense.

Maybe not. 

But considering it looks like a done deal, and I personally have no control over it, given the choice between holding out hope, and endlessly spamming clown gifs, I'll go with the former. 

Next level analysis, Rhule is playing chess, given he likely knows he is out of his league at this point.  He is on contract for tens of millions more dollars.  It stands to reason, given his go to comments “I can go to another college program and make more money”, that maybe he is angling to get fired without cause enough to void his guarantees in his contract.   Media and fan outrage are an embarrassment but likely no real grounds to void the guarantees in his contract.  Rhule knows at some point he can get it to the point of no return and Tepper will have to act.  This will be at the end of next season when we have totally tanked, and we have better draft capital and likely much less competition from other NFL teams for top coaching talent.  At that point Tepper pulls the trigger and Rhule maximizes his earnings from the Panthers and likely goes back to the college realm, essentially double dipping getting paid as an NFL coach on guarantees that were bought out and a multi-million dollar college salary from a mid major or lower tier Power 5 school.  As Denzel said in training day, “Boom, checkmate!”……

6 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's time to move on? Now where have I heard that before?

Yet they come right back here doing anything but move on

Fools are seriously not paying attention if they think this is the same as 'muh next monday' vent session over.

Its even worse on twitter actually where the super Cam fans have been ham af

Edited by Fox007

There is something we can do about it. Voice our opinion and hit Tepper where it hurts, the wallet. Refuse to go to BoA and watch or support this trash product. Let’s see how well it looks when PSLs are renewed next year. It could be the return of the blackout, that will get his attention.