• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamesis Winston

ENCPantherfan2

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

We need to roll with Sam this year, take our lumps and draft our future franchise QB at the top of RD1 in the next draft.  Go all in on O-Line this draft and Free Agency and set it up sweet for the next QB and HC. 

That’s what we need to do as a franchise, but with a HC running the show on his last leg with ownership? He’s going QB this year as a final save.

Picked a bad year to be knee deep in this. Could be rough roads ahead.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Yep, and now Rhule has backed himself into a corner without enough draft picks and no leverage to trade for a good QB, basically needing to draft one to save any chance he has to stay longer or make himself not look completely bogus.

Ultimately I think he's beholden to this idea of making it work with a non-premium vet option. I think he's wrong. He's had two seasons of getting his ass kicked to come to grips with that. We'll see if he has or not.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ultimately I think he's beholden to this idea of making it work with a non-premium vet option. I think he's wrong. He's had two seasons of getting his ass kicked to come to grips with that. We'll see if he has or not.

Yeah he really seems to be holding this line that that he can be successful with some athletic JOAT team with a manager at QB.  Yet execute it with one of the blandest offensive schemes we’ve possibly ever seen.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah he really seems to be holding this line that that he can be successful with some athletic JOAT team with a manager at QB.  Yet execute it with one of the blandest offensive schemes we’ve possibly ever seen.

More bluntly, I think he's afraid of him and his staff's ability to identify and develop a rookie. They did make runs at Watson and Stafford just to be chuckled at and told "nah, I'm good". 

Maybe that changes with the addition of McAdoo? He did hire Watson's old QB coach and I do think that was done in part to try to move the needle on Watson but it wasn't enough to make him sign off on coming here. But it's worth noting that Sean Ryan was the QB coach for Watson's first two years in the NFL so I don't think he's a guy who would be scared of developing a rookie who isn't seen as a slam dunk type of prospect. Remember, Watson was the 12th overall pick and third QB off the board.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

People are laughing but this isn't as bad an idea as many think. He has never thrown more ints than touchdowns and has even made a pro bowl. Sam has thrown more ints than tds twice so Winston is already better than him. Yes he makes some bad throws but some good ones as well. Is he the future of the team? No.. but I think you can get to the playoffs with him in a bad qb class.

Jameis has his own TO issues and I don't think where we are on offense is likely to help his career. Not to mention he is coming off a knee injury and isn't exactly fleet of foot. He'd get crushed here.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

This is how bad it's gotten. We're wishing for absolute trash to replace trash. 

SHould have signed Winston for the 2million rather than gotten involved with Teddy dishwater...... could have kept Cam too..... sooo many bad QB choices that cut bone deep.... 

• Beer 2

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

More bluntly, I think he's afraid of him and his staff's ability to identify and develop a rookie. They did make runs at Watson and Stafford just to be chuckled at and told "nah, I'm good". 

I think that might be Rhule's own feelings moreso than feelings about his staff.

Remember John Fox didn't believe in drafting and developing quarterbacks. And heaven knows Rhule and Fox have other similarities.

12 hours ago, Basbear said:

SHould have signed Winston for the 2million rather than gotten involved with Teddy dishwater...... could have kept Cam too..... sooo many bad QB choices that cut bone deep.... 

Yup. 2020 was the time to grab Jameis, not this year. I still think Jameis has a sliver of a chance to turn into a consistent QB, but the staff here aren't going to be the ones to make that happen.

• Beer 1

Jamis went 5 wins and 2 losses while coached by Sean Payton, before he was injured.  Miami didn’t want to take a chance on Drew Brees, just after his injury.  I am sure the Miami fans said the same thing.

I am not saying Jamis will be a superstar,  I am saying, you can’t automatically assume he won’t be.  I think Jamis problem was Tampa’s coaching staff.

It looks to me the Panther coaching is the problem.  Cam obviously struggled this year yet, he was very good.