• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamesis Winston

ENCPantherfan2

On 1/25/2022 at 8:55 PM, ENCPantherfan2 said:

With Sean Payton leaving, idk if Winston will come back. IF he does leave they aren't a lot of places he can outright start. He's defiantly better than Sam Darnold, probably wouldn't cost a lot, and if wants to start, it's either here or back to NO, which they are already far over the cap. Do we bring him in?

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

I have no read any of this thread but if the Panthers signed Winston I might implode.  I've hated Florida State longer than the Panthers have been around because I'm a huge Clemson fan.  I hate Winston for that reasons and he was a Buc, then a Saint.  Plus, he is a complete moron.

No, no, no, no. Would rather have Donald 100 times over.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Better isn't the question. Better enough to matter is.

Find it odd he was "better enough" for the inimitable Sean Payton but even though he'd run circles around anyone the Panthers have, or have a shot at, that's not good enough...

...and he's making less than 1/3rd of Silver Platter Sam's pay package.

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Find it odd he was "better enough" for the inimitable Sean Payton but even though he'd run circles around anyone the Panthers have, or have a shot at, that's not good enough...

...and he's making less than 1/3rd of Silver Platter Sam's pay package.

Matt Rhule isn't Sean Payton, though. That is the biggest difference. Plus the massive differential in roster talent.

I wanted to sign him before they did. We were fuging idiots to choose Darnold over the litany of better and cheaper options.

But again.....this is Matt Rhule. Being dumb is what he does.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:02 PM, kungfoodude said:

Jameis has his own TO issues and I don't think where we are on offense is likely to help his career. Not to mention he is coming off a knee injury and isn't exactly fleet of foot. He'd get crushed here.

The idea is we draft a tackle and are active I. Free agency. If you draft a tackle and pass on qb I don't think their are many options better Than him unless you miracle swing rodgers or watson over pay. But yeah you fix the line and that's about the level of play you would be looking at.

A guy who can win you some games or lose you some. He's better than Sam.  

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

The idea is we draft a tackle and are active I. Free agency. If you draft a tackle and pass on qb I don't think their are many options better Than him unless you miracle swing rodgers or watson over pay. But yeah you fix the line and that's about the level of play you would be looking at.

A guy who can win you some games or lose you some. He's better than Sam.  

I can't fathom him wanting anything to do with this situation but you never know.

I don't think he moves the bar enough for us to really matter. After all, better than Sam isn't much of a bar to hit.

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't fathom him wanting anything to do with this situation but you never know.

I don't think he moves the bar enough for us to really matter. After all, better than Sam isn't much of a bar to hit.

Well 30 passing touchdowns with 5 thousand yards passing is nothing to laugh about. Also a pro bowl season. Yes I know he threw 30 ints as well so it's about a push not adding in rushing touchdowns. He has to be a better option than Jimmy G as well.

I'm not saying he wins us a super bowl or this is the best option available. But with what we have and no draft picks.. we have to get creative. He's a mid level talent I believe. 

Screenshot_20220128-060901_Chrome.jpg

Edited by micnificent28
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Can you imagine anybody else?

That's one of the reasons I think we could end up drafting a quarterback. What veteran with any options is going to want to come here?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1