• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nostalgia Bomb.

Ivan The Awesome

7 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

One of the greatest games ever played

Pretty sure Brady said something about that being one of his toughest games.

Admittedly, I'm a bigger fan of the double overtime playoff game against the Rams, but it probably has a lot to do with how those respective games ended.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 4

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Jake Delhomme telling Ty Law as he's standing there dumbfounded, "You bit on my fake!!!"

He made his money by moving the defense around, inviting the blitz, and getting defenders to bite on his fakes.

I can’t remember if he said he was talking to Ty or Rodney Harrison but he said he may have said something about their mother.

Jake also was the only one who would/could yell at Agent89.  Smitty said he could see that fire in Jakes eyes.  The crazy kind.

• Pie 4

Everyone remembers late Jake---noodle arm.  Unfortunately last impressions usually stick.  Before he blew out his elbow and Tommy Jone forever changed Jake's arm strength, Jake actually had a cannon.  Not Josh Allen strong, but well above average.   That pass in the SB clip traveled 53 yards in the air AND he led Muhammed...he didn't have to break stride.   

I still remember watching Jake during his first TC.  On my annual pilgrimage to Wofford, this particular day it started raining in the morning and they moved practice to the gym.  Fans were allowed to watch form the second floor balcony.  Jake's throws were popping.  Some friends and I were like that Saint's backup has some mustard on his throws!  You could literally hear the slapping of the ball when it hit the WRs hands.  His velocity looked twice that of Rodney Peete's throws.

So no, Jake didn't always have a noodle arm.

• Pie 7