• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing I would like to point out

Zod

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Tepper never came out and publicly endorsed Rhule for this season. He could have easily done so, and helped get some of the pressure off Rhule. That didn't happen. Tepper wants the pressure on Rhule. And you know the relationship between pressure and heat.... 

It just feels like Tepper is too embarrassed to talk either way.  

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know the relationship between pressure and desperate decisions. Desperate decisions rarely work out. Tepper should've put on his big boy pants and owned up to his mistake and fired Rhule. Instead we're basically going into Fox's lame duck season 2.0 except the coach has the full power to tank the future of the franchise trying to save his job.

Folks, it's ugly and it's likely to get uglier before it has the chance to get better.

Exactly, why can the Giants fire Judge after two years and he did better than Rhule 

38 minutes ago, NAS said:

Exactly, why can the Giants fire Judge after two years and he did better than Rhule 

Probably because they're trying to actually build a winner. Odd how we'll cut bait on QBs left and right while pretending that the guy picking and overspending on these failed QBs isn't part of the problem if not the root cause of the problem.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Interesting choice of words 🤔

I don't believe we're tanking. I think Tepper is indeed giving Matt Rhule a legitimate shot to turn it around.

Mind you, I think it's a bad decision, it's going to fail and we may have missed out on a chance to get a far better head coach in place for the future, but hey... 😕

Pun was intended. 

I agree. No way we're tanking with Rhule at the helm. Too much is on the line for him. I'm thinking that Tepper's rolling the dice and legitimately hopes Rhule and company turn it around. It would be nice to know where the firing line is...

I'm not worried about if and when Rhule has to be replaced. Tepper is learning from his mistakes, doesn't want to be a loser (much less a perennial one), and has deep pockets. I just don't like the thought of simply setting a season on fire...No one knows how many more that we'll be able to see. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Pun was intended. 

I agree. No way we're tanking with Rhule at the helm. Too much is on the line for him. I'm thinking that Tepper's rolling the dice and legitimately hopes Rhule and company turn it around. It would be nice to know where the firing line is...

I'm not worried about if and when Rhule has to be replaced. Tepper is learning from his mistakes, doesn't want to be a loser (much less a perennial one), and has deep pockets. I just don't like the thought of simply setting a season on fire...No one knows how many more that we'll be able to see. 

My worry with Tepper is that he seems to believe he's one of these guys who can just big ball his way through the world, do things any way he wants and still be successful.

Obviously, that's not working as an NFL team owner. Nor is it likely to.

When I see him turn over the reins of the team to somebody that actually knows what they're doing, that's when I'll believe he's learned from his mistakes.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

When I see him turn over the reins of the team to somebody that actually knows what they're doing, that's when I'll believe he's learned from his mistakes.

It's like when you disregard the instructions to assemble furniture or something, thinking you already know what it takes.  Then after an hour realizing that you really don't know how to put this thing together and go dig the instructions out of the packaging you threw away.  We need Tepper to have that a-ha moment.

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It's like when you disregard the instructions to assemble furniture or something, thinking you already know what it takes.  Then after an hour realizing that you really don't know how to put this thing together and go dig the instructions out of the packaging you threw away.  We need Tepper to have that a-ha moment.

I think Tepper is still in the 'sitting amongst a pile of unused parts and screws feeling proud he assembled it far more efficiently than the engineers who designed it had intended' mindset. 😆

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Tepper is still in the 'sitting amongst a pile of unused parts and screws feeling proud he assembled it far more efficiently than the engineers who designed it had intended' mindset. 😆

Followed shortly thereafter by the "watching it collapse into pieces when somebody sits on it" stage.

• Beer 1