• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steelers hire Flores

BurnNChinn

4 hours ago, 1st down said:

So much for the guy now being blackballed for suing the NFL 😂

Yeah lol people saying his coaching career was done were clearly uninformed.  He’s actually good at his job when he’s on defense.  People throw out Kap being blackballed but he sucked his last year in the league.  Too much headache with not enough results.  Flores deserves a spot on a staff.  Just sad it’s not with us.  

Steelers are doing Steelers things.  Their fans will complain about it en route to yet another winning season.  Must be nice 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/11/10/nfl-minority-coach-general-manager-hiring-proposal-approved/6234064002/&ved=2ahUKEwie77GWoI32AhXB4zgGHaOvAFkQFnoECFIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1JkSL4Z_AZdt9henf8l7B0

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

23 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Steelers hired him to play the game and get comp picks too

So Steelers get rewarded for doing the right thing. Good for them. Good for Flores.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Exactly what sort of compensation are the ambulance-chasers seeking for Flores in that lawsuit?

Dolphins have to be pleased with this -- monies they owed to Flores are offset by whatever the Steelers are paying him. 

Any monetary/timing details on the Flores contract with the Steelers? 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Steelers are a class organization.

Except for having a rapist as the HOF QB.  Oh and how tomlin will interfere with the play on the field by encroaching onto the field.  Or how Juju does tic toc b.s. dancing on opposing teams logos or how they succeeded in bringing us all the complete circus that is the antonio browns and leveon bells of the NFL.  Whatever man.  Just jump ship and be a Steelers fan. 

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Except for having a rapist as the HOF QB.  Oh and how tomlin will interfere with the play on the field by encroaching onto the field.  Or how Juju does tic toc b.s. dancing on opposing teams logos or how they succeeded in bringing us all the complete circus that is the antonio browns and leveon bells of the NFL.  Whatever man.  Just jump ship and be a Steelers fan. 

I wasn't talking about the players as much as I was talking about the ownership and the execs. The front office has been excellent for decades basically, and that's why they've been winners and have such a loyal fan base for decades. 

I'm not going to go into a littany of things that the Panthers players have done wrong or have been alleged to do wrong. Hell, even some cheerleaders had their mugshots in the news one time. I'm not going to get into the specifics of the dirt--including racism--that the Panthers' past ownership and allegations against its executives in the FO. And it's more serious than a player having a little fun. Suffice it to say, that there has been some pretty immoral stuff going down on Mint St. from the top on down. I've been a Panthers fan through it all, have you? And if so, why?

So, as far as I'm concerned, you're either a hypocrite, being emo and/or simply immature just because I had the audacity to give arguably the best organization in the NFL a little praise for hiring a good black coach who is in a pretty tough spot for rightfully bringing up issues that shouldn't be in the league, much less the world in 2022. 

Maybe you should jump ship and go watch reruns of Mr. Rogers if all the dirtiness of the NFL, including from its ownership and players is too much to handle. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t like Steelers fans who have lived in Charlotte their entire lives and I certainly don’t care for Rothlisberger but the Steelers, from a franchise perspective, get it. Owners, coaches, etc. they know wtf is going on. Which is why it should be eye opening to you UNC haters that word on the street is they absolutely love Howell. 

I'd rather have Grayson McCall. Blew up Tua's QB Rating this year. He's going to be next level, similar to q Cooper Kupp bur at QB.

15 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly what sort of compensation are the ambulance-chasers seeking for Flores in that lawsuit?

Copy pasted from the lawsuit itself:

23. Among the other relief sought, Mr. Flores seeks the following injunctive relief:
i. Increase the influence of Black individuals in hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;

• a. Ensure diversity of ownership by creating and funding a committee dedicated to sourcing Black investors to take majority ownership stakes in NFL Teams;
  • b. Ensure diversity of decision-making by permitting select Black players and coaches to participate in the interviewing process for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;

ii. Increase the objectivity of hiring and termination decisions for General Manager, Head Coach and Offensive and Defensive Coordinator positions;

• a. Require NFL Teams to reduce to writing the rationale for hiring and termination decisions,  including a full explanation of the basis for any subjective influences (e.g., trust, personality, interview performance, etc.);
  • b. Require NFL Teams to consider side-by-side comparisons of objective criteria, such as past performance, experience and objective qualifications;

iii. Increase the number of Black Offensive and Defensive Coordinators;

• a. Create and fund a training program for lower-level Black coaches who demonstrate an aptitude for coaching and an interest in advancing to a Coordinator position;

iv. Incentivize the hiring and retention of Black General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators through monetary, draft and/or other compensation such as additional salary cap space; and
v. Complete transparency with respect to pay for all General Managers, Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.