• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We smart people know that the Panthers will have to draft our QB.  It is the only way

It’s what almost every other team in the league does. Think of a star QB and with a couple exceptions (Favre, Warner) the team they played for during their prime was the team that drafted them. 

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

It's entirely possible Watson doesn't even play in the 2022 season. Even though it will be painful to get destroyed this season, we'll have a high pick in the 2023 draft which is loaded with great QB prospects.

Ugh imagine trading everything for Watson and watching the Texans use one of our 100 picks we give them on a stud rookie like Stroud/Young. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s what almost every other team in the league does. Think of a star QB and with a couple exceptions (Favre, Warner) the team they played for during their prime was the team that drafted them. 

We'll just have to take our medicine this season. And by medicine I mean me watching the games later while I'm doing chores and not really paying attention.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

There is no other logical way.  If I were being smart and I was Tepper I would hire a panel of scouts to find my QB in the draft.  You have to recognize a lack of talent scouting QBs.  Let the experts find the QB.  We could move up or down the draft board any year with the resources being talked about for Watson.  

Willis has skills, I just don’t get to interview the guy to see where he is in terms of commitment.  If he is there he is worth 6 if he lives and breathes football.

I know Howell is that guy though 

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I expect us to outbid just about anyone.

Three 1sts, next year's 2nd, two 3rds, Jeremy Chinn/Jaycee Horn, and Derrick Brown/Brian Burns. I could definitely see that package happening. 

That still might not be enough. I have said Tepper is all in on this, I'm not exaggerating. 

I, like anyone else, would be generally excited about getting a QB of his caliber. However if we give up that for this frigging dude I will physically puke and likely not spend a penny on the NFL this year. Not because of the off field issues, I can put those aside and focus on football. But because a move like that would sink this team for a damn decade or more when he winds up suspended indefinitely or in prison. Tepper is the worst owner in pro sports. And yes I know Dan Snyder is still around, my point stands.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ugh imagine trading everything for Watson and watching the Texans use one of our 100 picks we give them on a stud rookie like Stroud/Young. 

Overpaying for Watson would be a disaster. To me overpaying is 3 1sts, a second, and two of our young players who were high draft picks. To hell with that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I, like anyone else, would be generally excited about getting a QB of his caliber. However if we give up that for this frigging dude I will physically puke and likely not spend a penny on the NFL this year. Not because of the off field issues, I can put those aside and focus on football. But because a move like that would sink this team for a damn decade or more when he winds up suspended indefinitely or in prison. Tepper is the worst owner in pro sports. And yes I know Dan Snyder is still around, my point stands.

What did you expect Watson to cost?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Overpaying for Watson would be a disaster. To me overpaying is 3 1sts, a second, and two of our young players who were high draft picks. To hell with that.

The fact that Tepper is pushing for that, and the fact that Watson could reject it because our HC, who Tepper hired is a complete moron is it's own poo show inside of the main poo show. 

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

If we try to draft a QB, I'd rather just not take one this year at all. Rhule has proven over and over that he's a horrible judge of talent. I'd rather suck this year and let a new coach pick a QB next year

If Rhule drafts a QB then we're going to get slaughtered in the upcoming season, and we'll have a high pick in the wonderful 2023 draft. If he doesn't draft a QB, and we don't land Watson on a good deal, then we're going to be destroyed in 2022, and same high pick in the 2023 draft.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The fact that Tepper is pushing for that, and the fact that Watson could reject it because our HC, who Tepper hired is a complete moron is it's own poo show inside of the main poo show. 

We really have no concrete proof that David Tepper is doing any of this.  All speculation 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1