• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

I thought Mr. Whip-It-Out refused to waive the No Trade clause for the Panthers...

...has this changed?

Or was that #fakenews from the start?

Whip-It-Out's agent David Mulugheta is desperate at this point and there's zero evidence the Texans have even engaged with any other team on the topic --- it's all coming from Mulugheta.  

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, SazmoRanger said:

This is the crap I don’t understand. Why do you even watch the NFL then? There’s 100’s of cases over the years of NFL players doing horrible things. On and off our teams. 

You didn’t watch the Super Bowl? You’re okay with what the Bengal’s RB did to that woman?  You’re okay with OBJ beating a woman? That’s like saying, “I don’t care if someone else beats their wife as long as my son doesn’t.”

Why does your morality stop at the Carolina Panthers? You still support the business that the Panthers are in. Stop with the self-righteous bull crap. Either take your stand for women/people and quit watching/supporting the league or quit acting like your some great person that has morals that will stop you from supporting the Panthers. 

I don’t watch a game until I get my background checks for all 100 players on the field

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SazmoRanger said:

This is the crap I don’t understand. Why do you even watch the NFL then? There’s 100’s of cases over the years of NFL players doing horrible things. On and off our teams. 

You didn’t watch the Super Bowl? You’re okay with what the Bengal’s RB did to that woman?  You’re okay with OBJ beating a woman? That’s like saying, “I don’t care if someone else beats their wife as long as my son doesn’t.”

Why does your morality stop at the Carolina Panthers? You still support the business that the Panthers are in. Stop with the self-righteous bull crap. Either take your stand for women/people and quit watching/supporting the league or quit acting like your some great person that has morals that will stop you from supporting the Panthers. 

This^. I had someone tell me the other I quit watching football because of Kap and all the kneeling players. I’m like ok good for u, if that’s how u feel. I’m going to watch football because I like it. If you think nfl is full of choir boys, whew I feel bad when u learn the truth!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I thought Mr. Whip-It-Out refused to waive the No Trade clause for the Panthers...

...has this changed?

Or was that #fakenews from the start?

Whip-It-Out's agent David Mulugheta is desperate at this point and there's zero evidence the Texans have even engaged with any other team on the topic --- it's all coming from Mulugheta.  

Hey it’s Mr. Whip Out/Appaloser

5 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

For sure. Either stop watching or quit bitching, we won't miss it either way. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

We don’t decide “innocent.” We decide guilty or not guilty. Liable or not liable.

I honestly believe it doesn’t matter either way because he’s going to be playing like an elite QB for somebody. Might as well be Carolina. 

Do you demand that your mailman be unimpeachable morally? Do you do a background check on your grocery store cashier? Do you demand the legal history of the front desk worker at a hotel?

Why do you feel you need to make moral judgments about football players who have zero impact on your life if you don’t do it for everyone else you interact with on a daily basis?

It’s funny, the same nancies wailing and gnashing their teeth about Watson are probably the same ones claiming black men are overincarcerated and can’t get a second chance. 

You can't be serious.  The mailman? I have a mail lady by the way. The grocery clerks?  Yeah I am responsible for going to the grocery store and cheering them on for their winning in the bagging of my groceries.  And I do background checks on who I hire. 

I know assault victims, have a sister and daughter who both were sexually assaulted and beaten within an inch of their lives.  Both got away with it because they and their family bought their way out of it with crooked DA's.  If those scumbags can get away with it Watson surely can.

So fug you and anyone who thinks that way

• Beer 1

I for one am not on the Watson train (legal issues aside) . if we trade for Watson we'll have to do a combination of giving up every asset we currently do have (which is not much) but giving up a combo of DJ, Burns, Chinn etc and multiple 1st round picks is roster suicide. I'm all for trading either one of those players minus Chinn for draft capital but not for another player. You then have no talent around your new prize jewel nor the resources to surround him with talent as we'll be cap strapped the moment he walks in the door and we'll give up every meaningful pick we have for the next year or two. makes no sense. No draft capital, no cap, for 1 player. Why does this remind me so much of this guy name Jerrell entire career?

39 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

An elite QB is absolutely worth any distraction he carries along with him.

Not true at all. Since you said an elite QB is absolutely worth any distraction, let's go with a hypothetical.

Let's say team X has an elite white QB. This QB a racist. He gets filmed taking part in a KKK rally or march. The team's corporate sponsors pull all their funding in protest. People, fans and otherwise, protest outside the stadium daily. The rest of the team speaks out against the QB and refuse to play with him. Opposing players speak out and refuse to play against him too.

Is the elite QB worth that baggage?

8 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I neither follow or cheer for any of those teams or players.  The league turns a blind eye to this stuff and it's hypocritical of them to pretend they do. 

21 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Why are the Panthers so willing to trade for Watson? This is going to f*ck up the team for the next 5 years at least. And I just can't bring myself to root for a sexual predator. 

How do you f*ck something that’s already f*cked up? Watson’s legal issues aside, a franchise QB gives you a chance. We have nothing until that position is filled. 

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The Rams have Sean McVay who turned a dumpster fire franchise that hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years into an instant Superbowl contender.

Les Snead turned that franchise into  a winning football franchise. McVay is a big deal, but Snead deserves a lot of credit.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I neither follow or cheer for any of those teams or players.  The league turns a blind eye to this stuff and it's hypocritical of them to pretend they do. 

Bro what are you even doing here....you don't like the Panthers, you don't like the NFL.....time to let it all go. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

And they’d all come back around if we started winning again

And that's ok..  Each fans tolerance level is different.  Some can only tolerate a winner LOL..  but some of us sit here win or lose..   I'll welcome them all back with open arms, because that would be we'd be winning. lol.   Part of me wants all that to happen,, but there's a raw part of me who still wants Rhule gone.  

• Beer 1