• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Nope. It is hypocritical of the league to allow this. A sexual predator is always one and much more so if they have money to get away with it.  No sir, I'm out if that is the type of owner we have. 

I'm not sure I follow..  So you're saying he's found guilty of all or some of these assaults' or sexual predator stuff,,  and we sign him anyway ?  Then I concur with you . 

If he's found to have done these things, the NFL will handle all our problems of him signing here,

Or are you saying because so many came forward and filed civil suits against him that he's guilty just because of the sheer numbers,, some may be lying but all can't be  ( where there's smoke, there's fire ) ?

If it all disappears because he paid them all off ( it was a big shake down by the ladies ) , but was guilty in your mind due to sheer numbers ? 

No matter what, he's guilty in your mind ?   

this is not me saying he's innocent till proven guilty in a court of law ,, but there are a lot of big name people in all professions that are not guilty of anything and pay them off,  and some that are guilty of things, pay off someone  and we still listen to their music, what them play basketball  etc. 

Edited by OceanPanther

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol right? Me too!

The thing is....you have absolutely no idea until it happens.  And Rhule and Co HAVE done a very good job turning the defense around.  Just a few years ago it was a laughing stock that couldn't get off the field to save its life, now we're among the best defenses in the league.  Perhaps with the right QB the same thing could happen to the offense.  Yall around here act like we've gone 0-33 the last 2 seasons and gotten blown out in every game. 

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not true at all. Since you said an elite QB is absolutely worth any distraction, let's go with a hypothetical.

Let's say team X has an elite white QB. This QB a racist. He gets filmed taking part in a KKK rally or march. The team's corporate sponsors pull all their funding in protest. People, fans and otherwise, protest outside the stadium daily. The rest of the team speaks out against the QB and refuse to play with him. Opposing players speak out and refuse to play against him too.

Is the elite QB worth that baggage?

Nice completely made up fantasyland hypothetical. How about some concrete examples!

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Just curious. Not indicting or stirring the pot.

if Watson were to land here and do a bunch of community work along with going on an actionable apology tour for his actions….

would you consider forgiving him?

Yes, but I think his apology needs to be heartfelt and followed by therapy.  Not a tour--one time and put it behind you.  Continuing to deny is probably what he will do.

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

Deshaun on the roster we had last year puts us in the playoffs. 

THIS. If we can settle the QB position with a superstar QB like Watson, all we need is a couple nice o line additions and we are in business.  Especially with the current state of the NFC South. 

• Pie 2

Just now, OceanPanther said:

I'm not sure I follow..  So you're saying he's found guilty of all or some of these assaults' or sexual predator stuff,,  and we sign him anyway ?  Then I concur with you . 

Or are you saying because so many came forward and filed civil suits against him that he's guilty just because of the sheer numbers,, some may be lying but all can't be  ( where there's smoke, there's fire ) ?

Of it all disappears because he paid them all off ( it was a big shake down by the ladies ) , but was guilty in your mind due to sheer numbers ? 

No matter what, he's guilty in your mind ?   

this is not me saying he's innocent till proven guilty in a court of law ,, but there are a lot of big name people in all professions that are not guilty of anything and pay them off,  and some that are guilty of things, pay off someone  and we still listen to their music, what them play basketball  etc. 

He's absolutely guilty of most if not all of it. Just because it's a he said she (20+) said with the he being rich and famous we should discount it?  I am flabbergasted by the number of you who dismiss this as nothing. But I shouldn't be I suppose.  

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

The thing is....you have absolutely no idea until it happens.  And Rhule and Co HAVE done a very good job turning the defense around.  Just a few years ago it was a laughing stock that couldn't get off the field to save its life, now we're among the best defenses in the league.  Perhaps with the right QB the same thing could happen to the offense.  Yall around here act like we've gone 0-33 the last 2 seasons and gotten blown out in every game. 

I watch that defense play their hearts out all year last year especially first half of year. If we had a really good QB it would make a difference, the defense played a lot of snaps and it showed towards end of year.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You can't be serious.  The mailman? I have a mail lady by the way. The grocery clerks?  Yeah I am responsible for going to the grocery store and cheering them on for their winning in the bagging of my groceries.  And I do background checks on who I hire. 

I know assault victims, have a sister and daughter who both were sexually assaulted and beaten within an inch of their lives.  Both got away with it because they and their family bought their way out of it with crooked DA's.  If those scumbags can get away with it Watson surely can.

So fug you and anyone who thinks that way

How can you possible stoop from your moral high horse to interact with these people on a daily basis without verifying who you are dealing with. You could complain and demand that they take the mailman off his route. You could shop at a different grocery store or stay at a different hotel if certain ones hire morally reprehensible people.

So why does morality matter to you regarding football players you never interact with, if it doesn’t matter to you in everyday life? Seems hypocritical to me.

I don’t believe “I have/had a…” stories on the internet because they’re usually exaggerated or completely made up, and they tend to be mighty convenient for the person telling them. If it really did happen, sorry for them, but it really has no bearing on this. Watson contacted women on the internet for sex who either had buyer’s remorse or decided they could make a buck.

Edited by Smittymoose

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hey yal let me give you a very extreme and radical example to prove my point

If that is too extreme and radical for you, let's say the QB was just recorded making racist comments. Which is far more likely today than a KKK rally thanks to everyone always carrying around a recording device. And instead of other teams' players not wanting to play against him, they look forward to playing team X so they can hurt the guy. The protests, pulled sponsors, and teammates not wanting to play with him still happen.

Is the QB still worth it?

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's absolutely guilty of most if not all of it. Just because it's a he said she (20+) said with the he being rich and famous we should discount it?  I am flabbergasted by the number of you who dismiss this as nothing. But I shouldn't be I suppose.  

ABSOLUTELY GUILTY even though you have no personal knowledge of the situation. Do you even know the specific legal claims against him?

lol

The panthers are positioning themselves to address the OL with a free agent G and/or C, Rhule hinted at moving BC to LT, and they will trade away some big salaries to be able to obtain Watson. That is the only way this team might become relevant in 1 year. 

The tea leaves are barking.