• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

3 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Nope. Not what I'm saying. I would like a rookie under a cheap contract become a superstar QB.  I would like to keep valuable assets like high draft picks and cap room.  Then there is the sticky situation of bad press.  Didn't our former owner get ran out for some stuff like Watson is accused of.   To turn around and bring Watson in makes us look like hypocrites.  

Sounds great, but you can spend 25 years taking swings on rookie QBs that don’t become superstars. Ask the Browns. Or the Jets. Or the Dolphins. And even when you hit big, they’re only cheap for 4-5 seasons.

That’s why a QB like Watson is so valuable even with the warts. Stud QB. Young. Probably a 10-year fixture. 

There are definite team-building issues, but assuming Carolina doesn’t give up too much in the way of current players, an elite QB turns last year’s team into a division winner in 2022. Can Carolina get away with flipping McCaffrey for a first and third and flipping those assets + 2021 First + 2022 First + 2022 Second + Darnold + two young players for Watson? If so, then it’s worth it.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

It sounds to me that there is very little evidence of major wrong doing....at least that's my hunch.

It’s just so weird bc Hardy and Peterson immediately got in trouble criminally and the nfl acted swift as well, but this, it’s crockets. So odd...

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Put it this way, the only time I will watch a game is if I have nothing else to do and the game on has the Panthers playing someone.  That someone is who I will actively cheer for, if I even watch the game at all.

Come off the ledge until at least after the draft.

We were talking about Cam yesterday. I'd prefer him over Watson 1000%. His leadership and energy is world-class.

If Watson comes there are plenty of other players on this team, you can cheer for them.

If we had a magnifying glass into the lives of NFL players, owners, you might quit the whole game all together.

Truthfully, for Watson, after all that Carolina would probably be the most comfortable place for him to fall back and rebuild his reputation.

I have to give Watson the benefit of doubt because none of this came up until the slimy lawyer got on his case for not playing ball with the team owner, his friend and all of a sudden...cases and cases where before there were none.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We were talking about Cam yesterday. I'd prefer him over Watson 1000%. His leadership and energy is world-class.

If Watson comes there are plenty of other players on this team, you can cheer for them.

If we had a magnifying glass into the lives of NFL players, owners, you might quit the whole game all together.

Truthfully, for Watson, after all that Carolina would probably be the most comfortable place for him to fall back and rebuild his reputation.

I have to give Watson the benefit of doubt because none of this came up until the slimy lawyer got on his case for not playing ball with the team owner, his friend and all of a sudden...cases and cases where before there were none.

Right....had Watson not gone public with his desire to leave Houston, would any of this have even come to light?  I wonder....

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No sir, you can take your blind eyes somewhere else. fug David Tepper and Deshaun Watson. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Right....had Watson not gone public with his desire to leave Houston, would any of this have even come to light?  I wonder....

It was an attack any way you look at it. He was in a heated argument with management.

I like Watson as a player a lot. I'd just prefer Cam because he's just as dynamic, bigger, stronger, less drama and we could keep our players AND he'd be CHEAPER.

If this is happening, just hope we're not bidding against ourselves like we did for Darnold. Even if he's cleared of all wrong-doing, his stock has dropped. We shouldn't be shelling out 3 firsts & multiple players for this dude. 

This year's first, next year's first, CMC, and a defender is probably the price. The old idea of 3 firsts, more picks, Chinn/DJ or whatever is even more crazy now. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No sir, you can take your blind eyes somewhere else. fug David Tepper and Deshaun Watson. 

I'm a Panther fan. Been one the whole ride. I'm not happy about it now but I'm on this train for good. The doors open and you step off friend...take care.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

It was an attack any way you look at it. He was in a heated argument with management.

I like Watson as a player a lot. I'd just prefer Cam because he's just as dynamic, bigger, stronger, less drama and we could keep our players AND he'd be CHEAPER.

There’s also the counter-point that Cam is a pretty shitty QB now unfortunately

• Pie 1