• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do whatever it takes to get deshaun Watson

RIPTreyLance

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And? Cam’s prime had 51 wins in 5 years with 4 playoff appearances. There’s no other way to define that except winning.

We've had 23 losses in the past two years. We had 28 losses in 5 years from 2013-2017. We are so shell shocked by the Tepper era that we can’t even look back fondly at 2011-2017. We found our QB and Luke and had stuff to watch after week 17 in 4 out of 5 years. 2015 ended terribly but it was a fuging fun ride most fans never get to experience. I even got 4 amazing autographed Steph Curry pictures from his trainer who’s son played on my son’s bball team. He said Steph signed them while watching us throttle the Cardinals to go to the SB and my wife and I watched in a pub at a Sandals Resort. That’s winning in my book. That’s also why the past few years have just sucked so hard.

We didn’t give up 3 years of 1st/2nd/3rd round picks and take on a bloated contract for Cam. Also falling into the playoffs at 7-9 and losing first round isn’t a good thing. Hell that’s 2 more wins than Rhule had. Never having back to back winning seasons shows we never had sustained success. Even with prime Cam, all our picks, and more cap fluctuation. Now try it with a even worse OL, no picks the next 2-3 years, less cap room and a shitty coach. What will happen?? Oh yeah and Watson might not even be able to play… 

Just because it was better than we are now, doesn’t make it a good deal. We are at rock bottom now. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It was 7-8-1 in 2014 and we won our first round playoff game. We also lost at Seattle by two TDs and the difference was that we were driving for a score and Cam threw a 90 yard pick 6. One bad pass or good play by the D was the difference in that game. I don’t know why 2014 is so crapped on. Oh no, we didn’t have back to back to back winning seasons by 1 measly game. 2014 was:

1. Cam almost dying in season.

2. The awakening/gelling of the OL that was a huge part of our run in 2015.

3. A 5-1 finish that launched us into our best year ever.

4. A playoff win and a tough game at Seattle that gave us the confidence to beat them as we did twice in 2015.

I’m not saying I want to sell the farm with Watson but we certainly had a winning team in Cam’s prime hence my reply. We had a lot better team overall as well. Watson gets us 6-7 wins based on the all the talent we lose/don’t draft. 

(7-8-1 isn’t a winning season) We never could accomplish back to back winning seasons which means no sustained success. Losing more games than you win with an elite QB is pretty bad. I would call it unacceptable. Now doing it every other year would be considered a failure by me. Following each good year with a bad one was incredibly frustrating as a fan and watching the window close sucked. I much rather build a team from the ground up then hope/pray one QB can save us with little to no help. I’ve already seen that movie and it’s not a happy ending. 

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Right and my reply was to someone who inferred that we didn’t win with Cam in his prime. I can live with Watson if we were close to good, but this would be like prime Cam without Short and Luke on D and Olsen on O and even still we had a better OL back then.

We won yes, but it was not enough. Even with all that talent they couldn't manage back to back winning seasons. An occasional winner is what 75% of the league manages.  

1 hour ago, RIPTreyLance said:

We will continue to be a losing franchise then 

We can win without Deshaun Watson. He’s a heck of a football player but clearly he has some issues that I don’t want on my favorite NFL team. Of course nothing I say or think matters so maybe you’ll get your wish but I for one don’t want him on the team. But if I had it my way we’d have a new coach so who cares what I think.

• Pie 1

looking past the legal issues, Watson has a record of 28 and 26 in Houston. He is a great talent and the Texans never put a team around him to consistently compete.  Which is what will happen if he comes here.  With little capital left it would be difficult to assemble a winning team around him given our current situation.  I think the most competent front offices would have trouble doing so.  And if the Huddle believes anything, they believe that the Panthers are far from the most competent front office. 

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant

We'll see what happens on Friday, and then what the asking price will be when trading resumes March 14th. A lot can change between now and then, including Watson being unable to play the 2022 season. Let's just pump the brakes for now and see how this plays out. Wanting Watson no matter the price is not the right way to approach this situation imo.

17 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

We will continue to be a losing franchise then 

Getting a loser human being who can't keep himself out of trouble because he can't control his own twisted dick desires to lead our team with a "C" on his chest is most definitely not a good choice. There is a QB out there for us somewhere but it may not be till next season. I would roll with Cam and I guess we have to keep Darnold around till next season as well due to nobody wanting his crap contract 5th year option stuff but most definitely no positive future in paying all that Ransom for that moronic happy ending needing piss poor leader Deshaun Watson. Cam may not have what he once had but he is a good man and a good leader. We need a good leader right now through one final year of our idiot coach. We don't need a sex addicted can't control his own weiner douche nozzle leading us on the field.

• Pie 2