• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

6 minutes ago, Not2panic said:

This morning question is not if Watson is coming to Carolina, but how would Darnold look in Brown?

Houston making a strong push for Baker Mayfield today, Watson, I repeat is not going to Cleveland. 

The devil is in the details, as it stands now, Carolina fans would be more thrilled than Houston fans, let's just say, Houston trying to save face because they didn't get the deal they really wanted and had to settle.

*fyi most believe Seattle got a better deal for trading Wilson* He did win a Superbowl btw.

Lol my guy. Back at it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Not2panic said:

This morning question is not if Watson is coming to Carolina, but how would Darnold look in Brown?

Houston making a strong push for Baker Mayfield today, Watson, I repeat is not going to Cleveland. 

The devil is in the details, as it stands now, Carolina fans would be more thrilled than Houston fans, let's just say, Houston trying to save face because they didn't get the deal they really wanted and had to settle.

*fyi most believe Seattle got a better deal for trading Wilson* He did win a Superbowl btw.

Now I definitely don’t believe that lol

22 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I don’t believe that’s what’s going on. Obviously, if he’s meeting with them he’s open to waiving the NTC, depending on the meeting. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be meeting with them. These meetings, imo, are for him to figure out who he wants to waive the clause for. 

I didn’t realize there were still folks that just thought the Saints stuff was smoke and mirrors lol. Just because you choose to be willfully ignorant about HOW they can make it work doesn’t mean that they can’t. Youve been pointed in the direction of articles that can help you understand how, in this very thread. You choose not to look. 

The saints can get to around $20 mil in cap space without cutting a single player. They can get to over $30 mil by extending Armstead, but I’m not sure they want to do that because of the constant injuries. They can very easily work out an extension with Watson, that lowers that $35 million cap hit this year, to something more manageable. 

It’s real simple poo man. They’ve created $70 mil the last few days and haven’t cut anyone. Saints do what they want to get who they want time and time again. 

I stopped when you say extending a free agent would gain 30 million. They just gained another 6, still -4,000,000 with no QB of worth. Its a joke for people believing they are in for Watson. JOKE.

Edited by Basbear

On 3/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, saints4lifeagain said:

I been 👀

No idea how this is all gonna end up. Although the “Saints could never make this work cap wise” and “idk why he’d choose the Saints over us” comments are fantastic lol. Panthers have won 15 games in the last 49. Saints won 9 games last year with 4 different starting QBs. 

How I think this all will work, and this is just my guess because I’m not going to pretend like I have any idea what goes on in those buildings. I think the Texans have fielded offers. I’m sure they have a list of offers they would accept/begin negotiations from. I think Watson and his team were probably notified of said offers, and he’s able to get together the list of teams he’d be willing to meet with out of that group. 

I don’t see Watson meeting with teams who have offers on the table the Texans wouldn’t accept and I also don’t see him wasting time if it’s not a destination he’d want to end up in. I think it will all come down to who sells him the best. Where he feels like he has the best chance to win/make money. I think he makes the decision and says I’ll waive my NTC for “team x” because him telling the Texans he’ll waive it for a group of teams only starts a bidding war that depletes his next team. That doesn’t help him. 

Pretty much what I figured. 

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Sounds like yall got him

Perhaps, lots of reports coming out have it looking rather favorable for us at the moment, but man we’ve been jilted by so many potential suitors in free agency in recent years, it’s definitely a cautious optimism hoping that other shoe doesn’t drop and we get left at the altar... again. 😅

But hey, that’s business baby; we all throwing our chips on the table and going to see what happens! Our sentiment from our fanbase essentially can be summed up like this…

#FUNKTHEMPICKS

🤣

Just now, Iron Saint said:

Perhaps, lots of reports coming out have it looking rather favorable for us at the moment, but man we’ve been jilted by so many potential suitors in free agency in recent years, it’s definitely a cautious optimism hoping that other shoe doesn’t drop and we get left at the altar... again. 😅

But hey, that’s business baby; we all throwing our chips on the table and going to see what happens! Our sentiment from our fanbase essentially can be summed up like this…

#FUNKTHEMPICKS

🤣

Y'all get to sign Watson, fuller, and Armstead. I know the cap doesn't exist for Loomis, but it will be interesting to see what he does to swing all that 

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Y'all get to sign Watson, fuller, and Armstead. I know the cap doesn't exist for Loomis, but it will be interesting to see what he does to swing all that 

Would definitely be the dream to hit on them all. Watson is obviously the big fish and the first domino that needs to fall. Also would love having Fuller to compliment Thomas and Kamara, I’m on the record here about our JUCO receivers we were stuck trotting out every week last year. 😂

Regarding Armstead, his deal is set to void at the start of the new league year triggering $13M dead money, so if we end up extending him before then, we should potentially gain cap space with that transaction. Definitely feels good to hear he’s apparently waiting to see what happens with the Watson situation before he does anything.

I’m confident Loomis and Harley have a bit more cap magic up their sleeves though, but I’m sure it’ll be a wild ride regardless.