• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No chance. I think they'll demand Burns and push hard for Chinn. If we trade for Watson I fully expect Burns to be a Texans.

The price they are demanding is ridiculous for someone who will probably still face a suspension for at least 8 games. 3 firsts (including #6) and a minimum of two key players (essentially 5 firsts) we have no offensive line. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yeah. I should have specified FS. Deep safety is not his game. 

Agreed. Occasionally that cover 3 safety is going to roll over and drop deep just to add wrinkles, but he was covering the deep third way too much last season. He needs to be closer to the LOS the majority of the time.

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The price they are demanding is ridiculous for someone who will probably still face a suspension for at least 8 games. 3 firsts (including #6) and a minimum of two key players (essentially 5 firsts) we have no offensive line. 

I think people are forgetting he has two past torn ACLs too - one in college, one in the NFL.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You don’t have to believe me but there is some contractual obligations with the “no trade clause” that have to be signed off on even before teams meet with Watson like he wants to.

so paperwork and what not.

Which I honestly believe he told Philly “no” straight up which is why “they are no longer interested”

Right. There is a lot on the administrative end to be done before Watson can speak with other teams. And while I’m sure they’ve discussed the framework of a deal, no way they were close to closing anything while his legal status was up in the air. Didn’t exactly benefit either team to put all of their cards on the table until the criminal stuff cleared. 

Nah dudes, the gods favor the bold. Trading away our best picks from the last 2 drafts plus the next 2 future picks is not the recipe for success. The problem around his is we've adapted a losers' mentality. It's understandable as we've been losers for a long while but we've rebooted. Rhule may suck. He hasn't proved himself yet it's true but the staff this season will be completely different. We've actually signed some very respected nfl coaches this off season. 

I have no idea if the last staff was all Rhules fault or not. Definitely possibly. Probably. However, these guys have repeatedly shown the willingness to admit a wrong and move on and I must admit that our staff looks much better so Rhule won't have any more excuses. We have cap space and a high draft pick. After that it's empty so I'll trust them to fix that. 

I'm expecting we'll get our QB, Pickett!!, and after that BPA as we'll have cap space in FA and this season there are actually good players that shouldn't cost too much. I need to be positive about something. After this virus we now how this war. That poo is only a few miles from where I live now so I really need the distraction that sport offers us. Panthers have a great opportunity this draft and our staff has improved dramatically. 

If we can't depend on other Panthers' fans to have our own backs then how can we expect anyone else to have it? If we crap on ourselves what can we really do when others crap on us? I'm sick of the bellyaching, crying, complaining "fans". So, when things get tough you just complain. Do you also run away? Hide? Or do you challenge those who would decide for you? I'll always stand with my boys, my fam and my nation. Carolina Panthers for life. 

Keep Pounding!!!

Arc Pound It GIF by All-Round Champion

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m going to say the longer this goes probably means he isn’t coming here. If we already had a deal on the table from a year ago and he was interested, I would think we would have already heard he was a Panther. I don’t think it’s happening honestly.

Hang in there, I’m sure he’s just taking time to decompress after his court hearings Friday. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think people are forgetting he has two past torn ACLs too - one in college, one in the NFL.

All in all the risk certainly doesn't match the reward, bad knees no offensives line and trading away the ability  to build a team around him, while also giving Rhule a built in excuse for failure.

• Poo 5