• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

bc their salary cap moves would castrate their roster. To create 41million in cap space (what they would need to do to land watson) would involve cutting a few key players (Davenport, Roby, and letting Armstead walk) and then they would have to trade onyemata and michalethomas/demario davis to make it worthwhile for the Texans. Along wtih multiple early round picks.

They already had to implode a good portion of their roster to begin with. This could just be seen as a way to offload some guys that were already getting cut/traded for value. 

Edited by Evil Hurney

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

bc their salary cap moves would castrate their roster. To create 41million in cap space (what they would need to do to land watson) would involve cutting a few key players (Davenport, Roby, and letting Armstead walk) and then they would have to trade onyemata and michalethomas/demario davis to make it worthwhile for the Texans. Along wtih multiple early round picks.

I've been hearing about how the Saints are desperately salary cap strapped every year for a decade plus now yet they find a way to make the moves they want to make every year anyway.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

So wait. You switched allegiance from the Panthers to the Steelers? Did Jeremy start trying to punk posters? This can't be real.  

I didn’t switch anything. They have played twice since Cam was drafted. Not exactly hard to follow and pull for both. And why does it matter towards you stating Watson wasn’t getting suspended was a FACT. Then posting an article and omitting the exact opposite statements. As I said, deflection per usual. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why wouldn't they be? They have a clear need for a QB.

Because of who they’d have to cut or trade elsewhere to make it work, and because they have Winston on the hook for probably 1/4 of the cap they’d pay Watson if they want to resign him. They can ill-afford to give up 2-3 good players on rookie deals. They have to ask if what they would have left with Watson is better than their current roster plus Winston. 

Cannot ignore, too, that they are on the hook for a huge cap number with Taysom Hill. How much can they really afford to invest at the QB position? 

Just now, Toomers said:

I didn’t switch anything. They have played twice since Cam was drafted. Not exactly hard to follow and pull for both. And why does it matter towards you stating Watson wasn’t getting suspended was a FACT. Then posting an article and omitting the exact opposite statements. As I said, deflection per usual. 

Since I don't want to crowd this Forum with this useless back and forth that YOU started. I'm just going back to stating I wish I could be like you more. You're the end all be all guy. If we only had more posters that could switch allegiances to the Steelers. 

200.gif

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/12/saints-salary-cap-update-marshon-lattimore-contract-restructure/

And all of those options need to be considered because the Saints will take a $12.9 million hit in dead money should Terron Armstead leave in free agency. Finding a way to re-sign Armstead would undo that, sure, but it feels like a long shot. If he takes a big-money deal from another team the Saints will need to do more than reach cap compliance. They need to keep digging and open up more room to re-sign their own players while adding a couple of free agents.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1