• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

But it is (reportedly) not as good as what the panthers will / offered.  If they knew there was competition, the Panthers would offer top dollar---but if no other team offered, they might try an introductory offer.  I think New Orleans would take the deal if accepted, but I do not think they think (based on the deals alone) they can compete with the Panther offer.  They are hoping that Watson would rather go to New Orleans over Carolina and that would either cause Carolina to overpay due to the inferiority complex.  My brain hurts.

We outbid the Rams for Stafford's services too, but we all know how that turned out.   Tepper can't figure out why people don't want to come here.  I wonder how much longer his short-order cook/sloppy dressed bro-mance with Rhule is going to last?

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I mean...what can NO even offer in the way of players? Picks, sure. But what players, that they haven't already restructured contracts for, are realistic options to send to satisfy Houston's demands? 

Watson will want Thomas (can't trade anyway with his dead cap), Kamara, and the OL left intact. Lattimore can't be moved after his restructure. Chauncy Gardner-Johnson the main player in their offer? Davenport & him? 

They can't offer anything close as far as the young talent on rookie deals we have heard the Texans want. They also can't match on draft picks since the 6th pick alone carries more value than their 18th pick plus their 2023 1st

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We outbid the Rams for Stafford's services too, but we all know how that turned out.   Tepper can't figure out why people don't want to come here.  I wonder how much longer his short-order cook/sloppy dressed bro-mance with Rhule is going to last?

Oh, I mentioned in an earlier post that you cannot RHULE out the state of this franchise.  However, The Rams were a much better option than New Orleans (right now).  Rhule is killing us, that is for sure.

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Stafford would have chose the Rams over any team in the league....He and Sean McVay are besties in real life. It wasnt an us thing, it was a them thing.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You find another team yet?

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah. Wilson just said that Ryan Ramzyk (sp?) would be included in the deal. However they just restructured his contract and would be on the hook for 37 million in deal cap money this season if they traded him. People are just pulling poo out of their asses now.

Exactly. They can’t trade hardly anyone good. It’s the same for all the better ones. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Exactly. They can’t trade hardly anyone good. It’s the same for all the better ones. 

Because they’re always in such cap hell that they have to constantly restructure and kick the can down the road, making it impossible trade any of those guys. Im sorry I just don’t see it for NO on this one, idc what Twitter is saying.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaNCSU said:

Would be beautiful weirdness to cap off the Rhule era if Deshaun spurns us because of Rhule, only for Tepper to fire Rhule now because he cost him Deshaun. 

Let's just get crazy with it at this point.  

Nah, that would be batting .1000 for this franchise under this regime.  I mean if that were a prop bet, I'd be willing to throw scratch at it.