• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

Hypothetically. I don't think that would be conducive to his ultimate goals though, which is getting out of Houston at all costs. 

So he's kind of picky, but not picky enough to complicate whatever gets him out of Houston?

16 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

So? I don't care if you get it or not. They can lie, make stuff up, quote imaginary people, effect people lives all they want to. Doesn't mean I have to listen to their BS or take them seriously. Credentials? Ignore me all you want Journo. I ignore all of your kind and have for years. Your fantasy means nothing to me. Get a real job. 

LOL

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

He went 11-5 and 10-6 in his 2 full seasons before 2020.  

It is far more likely 2020 was an aberration rather than it ever being the norm.  Great QBs like Watson almost always lead competitive teams.  

He had his best year. That tells me it was hardly his fault. Looks at his stats and all that. He had an all time great season. 

There is a lot of misunderstanding of the law regarding this situation. The fact that he wasn't indicted doesn't mean what he's accused of didn't happen, and it's as iron clad as many make it seem. It likely means that they determined that there either wasn't a criminal act committed OR they didn't believe that it would result in a guilty verdict.

The defense achieved its goal and there will be no criminal charges at this time, so he is now open to a trade / moving forward professionally right before Free Agency begins. Watson frequently, at the advice of his lawyer I'm sure, plead the 5th during this process. That is his right, and it should not be punished for being exercised. During the civil suits, he's much more likely to answer questions. If he says the wrong thing, or it casts doubt of his innocence on committing a crime, this can come back to a grand jury again. It's not a one & done.

This is far from over. There are likely people from both parties that are in the wrong. Just because there was consent to some degree doesn't mean that he didn't cross the line, as well. Even if it's just one victim, that's too many and he should kiss his days in the NFL goodbye. But if it was all one big money grab, then I hope that comes back around as well.

We don't have all the facts, and who knows how much we get. The NFL will paint the narrative it wants, and each of the lawyers will do the same. If you're going to make your own judgement based off the information available, use sources that have nothing to gain from the matter.

• Pie 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

U think that?

Just feels like there is way too much smoke for it to actually happen, you know?  Like it feels like it has been talked about so much and we've been the "obvious" candidate for a year now that it just won't actually come to fruition.

I want Watson.  I'm cool with giving up players and 3 1st round picks.  I think people on this forum really, really, really undervalue what it would mean to have a 26 year old franchise QB.  That is a MAJOR problem solved and gives up so much flexibility to make other moves.  We'd be able to attract better free agents to make up for our lack of draft capital those years.  We could make win-now trades because we'd actually have a QB who can help us win now.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, EgoDogg said:

There is a lot of misunderstanding of the law regarding this situation. The fact that he wasn't indicted doesn't mean what he's accused of didn't happen, and it's as iron clad as many make it seem. It likely means that they determined that there either wasn't a criminal act committed OR they didn't believe that it would result in a guilty verdict.

The defense achieved its goal and there will be no criminal charges at this time, so he is now open to a trade / moving forward professionally right before Free Agency begins. Watson frequently, at the advice of his lawyer I'm sure, plead the 5th during this process. That is his right, and it should not be punished for being exercised. During the civil suits, he's much more likely to answer questions. If he says the wrong thing, or it casts doubt of his innocence on committing a crime, this can come back to a grand jury again. It's not a one & done.

This is far from over. There are likely people from both parties that are in the wrong. Just because there was consent to some degree doesn't mean that he didn't cross the line, as well. Even if it's just one victim, that's too many and he should kiss his days in the NFL goodbye. But if it was all one big money grab, then I hope that comes back around as well.

We don't have all the facts, and who knows how much we get. The NFL will paint the narrative it wants, and each of the lawyers will do the same. If you're going to make your own judgement based off the information available, use sources that have nothing to gain from the matter.

That’scool preciate the law school lesson but we are talking about a trade in this thread take this info elsewhere thx

Just now, Mage said:

Just feels like there is way too much smoke for it to actually happen, you know?  Like it feels like it has been talked about so much and we've been the "obvious" candidate for a year now that it just won't actually come to fruition.

I want Watson.  I'm cool with giving up players and 3 1st round picks.  I think people on this forum really, really, really undervalue what it would mean to have a 26 year old franchise QB.  That is a MAJOR problem solved and gives up so much flexibility to make other moves.  We'd be able to attract better free agents to make up for our lack of draft capital those years.  We could make win-now trades because we'd actually have a QB who can help us win now.

That’s kinda how I feel now. There has been way too much talk about us for it to end up being us…weird

1 minute ago, EgoDogg said:

I could accuse you of touching my peepee, right now.

there would be no evidence, but that didn't mean it did not happen.

now add the in the fact the Watson has a poo ton of a cash and we live in a world where women get the benefit of the doubt in these situations. we also live in a world where rock star lawyers will gather a group of people with a common interest and pursue the legal route to try and make cash for them and off of them.

sad world, let's move on. play ball.

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

100%