• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

So if 2022 is a lost cause because we only get Watson for about 60% of the games if he is healthy, why not trade the players you intend to include in the deal for first rounders, basically guaranteeing the chance to draft a top rookie QB in 2023, when the shopping is good? 

Not suggesting this, but I am saying there are many ways to become relevant.  If we dont get Watson, I am OK with it.  If we do, great.

It's simply the known versus unknown argument again. You know DW is a top tier QB. There's about a 50% chance (based upon historical trends) that the rook is a bust.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Tepper's gonna be the first pro sports owner in U.S. history to own the worst teams in two different sports leagues at the same time. Be even funnier when they both have the worst seasons in the history of their respective leagues. That's on Tepper, Rhule and Zoran Krneta.

A sleazy hedge fund manager does not make a good sports owner 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I agree.  So we pay $35m for a QB who is out for over 1/3 of our games.  2022 done, imo. We lose a star RB, DE, and maybe a WR like Moore.  We lose our first in 2022, 2023, and 2024.  And we can only be good when this investment is 28--which means we have a top QB for about 5-7 years.

So if 2022 is a lost cause because we only get Watson for about 60% of the games if he is healthy, why not trade the players you intend to include in the deal for first rounders, basically guaranteeing the chance to draft a top rookie QB in 2023, when the shopping is good? 

Not suggesting this, but I am saying there are many ways to become relevant.  If we dont get Watson, I am OK with it.  If we do, great.

Watson has the arm ability to play until he’s 40. And he’s incredibly football smart. I’m not joking dude completed 70% of his passes last year he played. And this is not dink and dunk. He throws it all over the field. I don’t think people understand if this happens we will be getting a Mahomes/Allen tier type of qb with this trade. This is a long term investment. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So if it goes down like that, does Matt Rhule get a pass because the team was gutted, and we didn't have Deshaun for almost half the season?

Rhule only stays if Deshaun is cool with that, more than likely the upcoming season is a wash and the HC is picked next year with Watsons input. 

Its not that hard to put 2 and 2 together.

• Beer 1

Just now, hepcat said:

A sleazy hedge fund manager does not make a good sports owner 

Worst owner in American pro sports by far. Sad that Charlotte has 3 of the 6 worst owners in American pro sports history.

Bottom half-dozen to me are Tepper, Marge Schott, Donald Sterling, George Shinn, Dan Snyder and Bob Johnson (not in that order). 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Watson has the arm ability to play until he’s 40. And he’s incredibly football smart. I’m not joking dude completed 70% of his passes last year he played. And this is not dink and dunk. He throws it all over the field. I don’t think people understand if this happens we will be getting a Mahomes/Allen tier type of qb with this trade. This is a long term investment. 

It'll pan out as well as the Darnold investment, or a major investment in Blockbuster and Enron.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

No way that is worth a guy who gets 8-10 sacks and cant stop the run if he needed to do it to save his life. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Coheed said:

A fan of the team doesn't make me a fan of the league. Keep working on those mental gymnastics. 

It's just a question but it is also a very valid point. If your eyes have been on the Panthers all these years you have supported the league overall and all the owners who have been complicit with these instances have gotten a share of your money 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

My belief is also that they will give up every good player on the roster, but realistically I'd expect Burns and Chinn to be kept. No Reddick raises Burns' value here.

We are not a good destination. I think Tepper is compensating by offering the house.

If we get Watson, it will be the biggest trade in history by a large margin.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Worst owner in American pro sports by far. Sad that Charlotte has 3 of the 6 worst owners in American pro sports history.

Bottom half-dozen to me are Tepper, Marge Schott, Donald Sterling, George Shinn, Dan Snyder and Bob Johnson (not in that order). 

Unfathomably cringe

I hope we don't get Watson.  For about a thousand different reasons.   Too big of a risk for this franchise to gamble it all on.  

I hope we offer the most for him, it goes public, and he opts to play elsewhere.  I basically root for the contuniued humiluation of Tepper/Rhule. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 6