• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, amcoolio said:

Lets say we give up the farm for Watson. He plays very well in a "fug you" mode and the Panthers go 11-6 in their first year. Will you be back to posting positive messages and pretend you were never negative about Tepper? Yes

I do not see the Rhule/Tepper Panthers going 11-6 in 2022.  With or without Watson.  

If they do? 5, 5, 5, 11....isn't enough to change my opinion on Tepper or Rhule.  And I'll never say I didn't trash both.  In theory Tepper has time to change as an owner.   If he improves, I can acknowledge that.  

2 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I been 👀

No idea how this is all gonna end up. Although the “Saints could never make this work cap wise” and “idk why he’d choose the Saints over us” comments are fantastic lol. Panthers have won 15 games in the last 49. Saints won 9 games last year with 4 different starting QBs. 

How I think this all will work, and this is just my guess because I’m not going to pretend like I have any idea what goes on in those buildings. I think the Texans have fielded offers. I’m sure they have a list of offers they would accept/begin negotiations from. I think Watson and his team were probably notified of said offers, and he’s able to get together the list of teams he’d be willing to meet with out of that group. 

I don’t see Watson meeting with teams who have offers on the table the Texans wouldn’t accept and I also don’t see him wasting time if it’s not a destination he’d want to end up in. I think it will all come down to who sells him the best. Where he feels like he has the best chance to win/make money. I think he makes the decision and says I’ll waive my NTC for “team x” because him telling the Texans he’ll waive it for a group of teams only starts a bidding war that depletes his next team. That doesn’t help him. 

Yeah because the Saints Report message board is full of content and discourse based on 100% rational and critical thinking. fug out of here with that lol. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I been 👀

No idea how this is all gonna end up. Although the “Saints could never make this work cap wise” and “idk why he’d choose the Saints over us” comments are fantastic lol. Panthers have won 15 games in the last 49. Saints won 9 games last year with 4 different starting QBs. 

How I think this all will work, and this is just my guess because I’m not going to pretend like I have any idea what goes on in those buildings. I think the Texans have fielded offers. I’m sure they have a list of offers they would accept/begin negotiations from. I think Watson and his team were probably notified of said offers, and he’s able to get together the list of teams he’d be willing to meet with out of that group. 

I don’t see Watson meeting with teams who have offers on the table the Texans wouldn’t accept and I also don’t see him wasting time if it’s not a destination he’d want to end up in. I think it will all come down to who sells him the best. Where he feels like he has the best chance to win/make money. I think he makes the decision and says I’ll waive my NTC for “team x” because him telling the Texans he’ll waive it for a group of teams only starts a bidding war that depletes his next team. That doesn’t help him. 

It's like people haven't learned by now that the salary cap is a myth. 

Good to see you, brother. Hope all is well

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I been 👀

What do you have to offer except old players from with a roster built to win 4 seasons ago. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

People on Twitter are stating that Jim Schoen wants to get invovled in the Watson race due to them not landing Mitch Trubisky. 

Giants have two top 10 picks this season. But Deshaun and the NY media? He'd better go undefeated or the tabloids will be delicious. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I been 👀

Your best player got arrested and will get suspended, your HoF coach is gone. 

Your team was supposed to win another ring years ago. 

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

People on Twitter are stating that Jim Schoen wants to get invovled in the Watson race due to them not landing Mitch Trubisky. 

Didn’t he say they were not gonna pursue him? 

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by The Lobo

19 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

You are of course correct, and if the recent records/reputations of the franchises were reversed, every other post on this board would be re-stating these obvious truths

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Didn’t he say they were not gonna pursue him? 

“We’re not trading for Deshaun Watson,” Mara said, citing the more than 20 women who have accused Watson of sexual assault and harassment in lawsuits. “There’s so many reasons why we wouldn’t do that. For cap reasons we couldn’t afford it but more importantly with the allegations that are out there, it’s just not the right thing for us.”

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

“We’re not trading for Deshaun Watson,” Mara said, citing the more than 20 women who have accused Watson of sexual assault and harassment in lawsuits. “There’s so many reasons why we wouldn’t do that. For cap reasons we couldn’t afford it but more importantly with the allegations that are out there, it’s just not the right thing for us.”

Thank you, so they aren’t trying to trade for Watson lol

• Beer 1