• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I didn't say anything about the quality of pickups or FA. All I'm talking about is his ability with cap space. He's kicked the can down the road for over a decade, something that's constantly said isn't possible to do long term. They've been competitive for the most part while all this has been going on. With Peyton retiring, if they have a down year I expect he will do some cap dumping while they rebuild. If not and they get DW, they'll keep kicking the can and everyone will keep saying they can't do that. 

Peyton and Brees retiring/leaving. Very curious if they are able to keep winning games. Easy to do so when you have two HOFers at the coaching position and QB position. 

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not every player is the same. Watson might not want to take a beating until he's 35. Other than that, he might not stick around whichever team trades for him beyond his current contract. He's forcing his way out of Houston, what's to stop him from doing so again?

Exactly. Watson is presently a disgruntled Quarterback forcing his way out of Houston and history often has a way of repeating itself.

I wish I had more confidence in the Panthers brain trust to make sound decisions but going by all their past mistakes, for the life of me i cannot.

• Beer 1

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Peyton and Brees retiring/leaving. Very curious if they are able to keep winning games. Easy to do so when you have two HOFers at the coaching position and QB position. 

Just shows how hard it is to win it all because the year the Rams went with Goff that was the best saints roster.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Just shows how hard it is to win it all because the year the Rams went with Goff that was the best saints roster.

Yep. That's why I find it funny when people talk about how the Lions looked "good" at the end of the season. Goff can't win at a high level unless everything is perfect around him. Period. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

No disagreement there. But if they don't and have some down time, expect them to let a lot of that dead cap space come off the books.

22 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because for well over a decade, every year it's always the Saints are going to be in cap hell and there is no way they can make any moves, and yet they do it every year. You don't have to like the man or the organization to realize he's damn good at his job. 

They are not doing anything magical. Just pushing the money to future years. Eventually you run out of contracts to restructure and the salary cap hell comes. If you do that you have to draft really well to offset with cheap rookie contracts. Saints would be giving up a boatload of draft picks in a Watson deal.

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

I mean, if he's a Saint, I doubt we are going to stop talking about him.

Just in a different context. 

If he betrays the Carolinas he's turned his back on Clemson too.

I can't see that happening. Had he gone to LSU instead of Clemson I'd put odds on N.O.

I really believe that after this fiasco far from "home" he wants to draw closer to comfortable surroundings.

He already knows Charlotte well.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

No disagreement there. But if they don't and have some down time, expect them to let a lot of that dead cap space come off the books.

Of course. It's easy to "kick the can" when you have that in place though. Now they're paying too much money for a combo of poop and a poop sandwich at QB. Kind of like us with Darnold.