• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Indy would be almost perfect for Watson. But horrible for Texans. 

Anyone else interested would be severely hampering their ability to surround him with a decent roster by giving up so much to acquire him. Philly maybe and even that’s a stretch. 

Yeah the colts would be solid but  like you said they are in the division..

Philly would be okay as well imo...

But Seattle,  would be close to us in damage..

The Saints cap situation is fuged already and they would have to cut older still productive players and give up young talent which would crush them..

Tampa have late round picks and a older roster.. They would probably have to give up Evan's, White, and their young safety plus cut ppl to fit his contract on the roster..

Minnesota got to find a trade  partner for Cousin and give up picks..

Who else is in this bidding war..

18 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The problem is still the guy doing the rebuilding is 70 years old.. How long do you think he is actually going to be there..

This is a good question.

Pete Carroll had every opportunity to retire this year and chose to stay for a rebuild.

I doubt he took that decision lightly as it is no small task.

However, let's say he decides to retire in the next few years.  That is still plenty of time to build a solid foundation for the future.  

Honestly, even if Pete Carroll left tomorrow, Seattle's management still has a long history of making good decisions when it hires head coaches.  I don't see them pulling a Tepper and hiring an NFL novice. 

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

We don't have a crystal ball so, yeah anything could happen.

Best we can do is look at these two organizations and judge them by their performance to date.

In the last ten years:

Seattle has the third winningest record in the NFL.  Only the Patriots and KC have better records.

Carolina is the 16th best, not terrible.  Until you consider that the team's last winning season was 5 years ago.  The sad truth is, the ownership/management responsible for Carolina's worst years this decade are those in charge at the moment.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/nfl/most-wins-past-decade.html

If D. Watson has to choose between these two organizations, it shouldn't be tough to decide.  One organization has produced numerous winning seasons, the other has not.

Yeah, Pete Carroll could retire at some point (he is a young 70) but Seattle has done a good job selecting coaches over the decades and I don't see them pulling a Tepper and hiring a novice like Rhule. 

The wild card in all this is Deshaun's desire for control over management/coaching decisions.  If that is his priority, chances are he chooses Carolina.  Russell Wilson also wanted more input into management and coaching decisions in Seattle, he is now in Denver. 

All that success is with players who aren't there any more.. Its a way harder division.. And the coach is 70.. 

And again if we have to give up young talent so will they.. Who do they have that can match our package..

I understand your acknowledgement of how good Seattle has been but this is not the same team and would be just as bad as us after trading for Watson..

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ncguy2184 said:

When do you guys expect us to hear something as in Watson signing with us or a different team? 

I think he gets traded this coming week. Whether it's early in the week or later I have no idea but I think this is going to come to a head this week. The Texans, Watson, and interested teams all have to be tired of this dragging out.

• Pie 1

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This is a good question.

Pete Carroll had every opportunity to retire this year and chose to stay for a rebuild.

I doubt he took that decision lightly as it is no small task.

However, let's say he decides to retire in the next few years.  That is still plenty of time to build a solid foundation for the future.  

Honestly, even if Pete Carroll left tomorrow, Seattle's management still has a long history of making good decisions when it hires head coaches.  I don't see them pulling a Tepper and hiring an NFL novice. 

You do know we have some of that Seattle staff (that you are propping up) here now..

Fitt and Morgan were big pieces in that organization..

And again I asked you if they are so good where is the young talent they can put into a package for Watson.. Other then Metcalf and maybe Fant??

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

1. Panthers trade Darnold

2. Another team trades for Darnold

That's how it happens. 

No team other than the moronic Panthers would trade for Darnold last year. Why would teams trade for him now that he has proven it wasn't just the Jets making him look bad?

• Pie 1