• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

5 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Would be beautiful weirdness to cap off the Rhule era if Deshaun spurns us because of Rhule, only for Tepper to fire Rhule now because he cost him Deshaun. 

Let's just get crazy with it at this point.  

when he should have fired him in February. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

the thing about it is though.... this could be just a media game. Our FO has been in lock step with HOU's FO for almost a year now. They have had to of built some sort of professional partnership through all of this. Althgouth its  competitive league, you still avoid back stabbing people. You get recycled each staff cycle, so you need to be smart on how you build relationsships. 

I was just thinking earlier about the relationship aspect as well and have to think, as well as hope, that that aspect may keep us from getting taken to the cleaners in this deal.

Why?

I was thinking back to Fitt's presser last season after we traded for Gilmore.  He mentioned how it came about was that they expressed interest and happened to have a FO guy here who had worked for years with NE.  I believe it was Pat Stewart.  Well, Caserio (sp?), now the GM in Houston, would've also worked with Stewart.  So, I have to think we have a better "in" there than other teams do.  I hope that works in our favor as it did in the deal for Gilmore...  and our FO seems to rely on relationships quite a bit.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Oh, I mentioned in an earlier post that you cannot RHULE out the state of this franchise.  However, The Rams were a much better option than New Orleans (right now).  Rhule is killing us, that is for sure.

Ppl forget how bad Dennis Allen was as a HC..

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Stafford would have chose the Rams over any team in the league....He and Sean McVay are besties in real life. It wasnt an us thing, it was a them thing.

Hmmm, I'm not turning down a huge payday for my family to go work for my best friend.  Sure that played into it, but LA>Charlotte, Rams roster>Panthers roster and Rams coaching>Panthers coaching.  The familiarity was a perk, but Stafford wanted no part of this mess.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

when he should have fired him in February. 

Tepper will offer Watson his pick of HC for 23' if they have a one on one meeting, he owes nothing to Rhule and doesn't care about buying out Rhules contract if he can win games and profit from 5-10 years of full stadium sales

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hmmm, I'm not turning down a huge payday for my family to go work for my best friend.  Sure that played into it, but LA>Charlotte, Rams roster>Panthers roster and Rams coaching>Panthers coaching.  The familiarity was a perk, but Stafford wanted no part of this mess.

McVay and Stafford were orchestrating the deal while in Cancun together. We were what the saints are in the Watson deal. A late contender. 

rams and lions discussed the trade first. Which we all found out shortly after the deal transpired 

Cousins was extended in Minnesota today. Only way Saints are getting Watson is if New Orleans offers more then the Panthers, no team is going to base their entire offseason around him if they are not 100% sure they will get him. A holdout would last until the draft, New Orleans isn't going to not sign FAs for the chance Houston won't keep holding out. 

Highest bidder gets him, Watson has no choice, Houston could sue him for his signing bonus if he refuses to play. If Watson would like to repay in the neighborhood of around $50 million in liquid cash due to breach of contract, sure, hold out to go to the Saints.

Houston likely had the owner's friend try to get him charged lol, they are not giving him to the Saints for peanuts compared to a Panther trade.

Edited by Chiefzack

14 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Would be beautiful weirdness to cap off the Rhule era if Deshaun spurns us because of Rhule, only for Tepper to fire Rhule now because he cost him Deshaun. 

Let's just get crazy with it at this point.  

Hell, that's my ideal scenario. I don't want Watson because the cost is too high for a rebuilding team imo, but I don't want Rhule either. That's best case for me lol. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3