• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Naw man…someone on their side is working this to perfection.  They will get maximum return for a dude that was in court today

Not if Watson goes anywhere but Carolina. Which seems likely since it’s apparently up to Watson to decide. Panthers have the highest picks/younger better players on rookie contracts. They can’t be outbid and they’re not going to get him because Houston’s FO is gonna do Watson a solid for some reason 

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hard to run an organization well when your too busy mandating things like blue jean Friday’s.

Or when you're too busy bragging about how big your balls are, hiring shitty college coaches who have no fuging idea what they're doing, all while slapping your wife's ass and shoving your fingers crack-deep on camera in the middle of a presser after being gifted a fuging team the NFL created a fake controversy over to get the last owner dismissed so they could hand-deliver it to you.

• Flames 4

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

So that’s pretty much saying he don’t want to be here right. So why try to trade for someone that doesn’t want to be here?

I mean if I had 3 job offers all relatively equal but one had Matt Rhule as the boss I'd not really be all that into that one. Just spending every day with the guy could drive one insane

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So that’s pretty much saying he don’t want to be here right. So why try to trade for someone that doesn’t want to be here?

no, he is saying we have the best deal on the table of all of the teams. The only reason there is a "process" is because of the NTC.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Or when you're too busy bragging about how big your balls are, hiring shitty college coaches who have no fuging idea what they're doing, all while slapping your wife's ass and shoving your fingers crack-deep on camera in the middle of a presser after being gifted a fuging team the NFL created a fake controversy over to get the last owner dismissed so they could hand-deliver it to you.

or getting served up and down by the fine folks in rock hill, sc

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

You really need to take a break lol. Monologues every night for the past 3 nights 

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’ve came to the conclusion that we probably never had a real chance due to the NTC. This has been going on for well over a year and people A) are so fixated on it they brainwashed themselves we would get him the past year, B) are Clemson/Panthers fans and jizz themselves thinking about it, C) Just want us to get him so it’ll end. I blame the media for fanning the flames too

Bruh. He waived his NTC for us. That’s why he agreed to meet with us. Catch up. 

1 minute ago, Ornias said:

If I am Carolina I am lowering my offer with every new team joining the race. 

Exactly, it ticks me off were not playing this like we (agreed by every analyst in America) have the best offer.

I was ok with New Orleans and Cleveland, but Atlanta being allowed an interview out of nowhere with no in stone offer to make or any clear-cut plan how to make Watson fit their cap or actually be an appealing destination to go is ridiculous.

We need to threaten to walk away or Houston will not get our deal, we could spend that $35 million in Free agency, every day Houston and Watson drag this were getting screwed out of signing potential big name free agents and our GM has less time to focus on the draft.

Atlanta being dragged in almost makes me not want him, if he ends up coming here, he's screwing himself from us putting a team around him cause many free agents will be gone.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

Not if Watson goes anywhere but Carolina. Which seems likely since it’s apparently up to Watson to decide. Panthers have the highest picks/younger better players on rookie contracts. They can’t be outbid and they’re not going to get him because Houston’s FO is gonna do Watson a solid for some reason 

Good with me. Last thing you want is a player like Watson not wanting to be on the team…that should be obvious at this point.

We don’t need a forced trade for insane capital and then have him fug the franchise two years later for being unhappy.