• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

20 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Pull the offer fug it 

Seriously. I really believe the Saints and Falcons are getting involved mainly to drive the price up for the Panthers. Neither of those teams can really pull it off without crippling themselves even more than the Panthers would. If the Panthers drop out I bet Deshaun goes somewhere wacky like the Giants. Who I still think are waiting in the wings with two top 10 draft picks this season.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The fact that there are so many reports he's "going to Carolina" out there on Twitter makes me think he's definitely not going to the Panthers.

LOL why is that?  Everybody believes the "hes going to Saints" or "hes going to Falcons" tweets from random people.  Why not us?  And the vast majority of the chatter out there has him ending up in Charlotte, whatever thats worth. 

Just now, joemac said:

LOL why is that?  Everybody believes the "hes going to Saints" or "hes going to Falcons" tweets from random people.  Why not us?  And the vast majority of the chatter out there has him ending up in Charlotte, whatever thats worth. 

I think one thing that should be considered is him going to the Falcons or Saints is going to require some HUGE moves that will be noticeable.

It will probably also not happen this week because going to either of those 2 teams would require Watson playing hardball AGAINST the Panthers.

People assume Watson will pick one team and play hardball, he will likely give a list and we will likely be on it.

The Saints or Falcons DO NOT IN ANY CAPACITY have the ability to outbid us without dangerously hurting their ability to field a solid 53 man roster in 22-23

• Pie 1

Just now, CAPantherFan said:

Just pull the offer now.  It doesn't seem like he wants to be here and we are looking like needy wimps right now.  Use all the money to build up a bad ass OL and let Sam flounder next year and then draft our future franchise QB.  

Agreed

• Pie 2

Panthers should start fighting fire with fire. Leak that the panthers are inquiring about jimmy G. Then an hour or so later leak the panthers FO considering pulling offer for deshaun Watson. See if anything shakes loose