• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield training camp

Zod

If we somehow offload Sam and get Baker that is best case almost in my book. Grab LT at 6 and we’re a fringe playoff team. I really don’t get the Baker hate, people forget how horrendous the browns were when he came in. Dude set rookie TD records then led them to their first playoff win in decades. Tore his shoulder this year and tried playing through it. It happens.. if he’s healthy now and we can get him while offloading Sam that’s a huge win 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

If we somehow offload Sam and get Baker that is best case almost in my book. Grab LT at 6 and we’re a fringe playoff team. I really don’t get the Baker hate, people forget how horrendous the browns were when he came in. Dude set rookie TD records then led them to their first playoff win in decades. Tore his shoulder this year and tried playing through it. It happens.. if he’s healthy now and we can get him while offloading Sam that’s a huge win 

Honestly I don't either. He made huge strides in '20 and was saddled with limiting injuries last year.

His stats for the 11-5 2020 Browns aren't that far off from Watson's stats when the Texans were competitive.

Mayfield:

305/486 (63%) for 3562 yards (7.3 y/a) and 26 TDs vs. 8 INTs

Watson:

345/505 (68%) for 4165 yards (8.2 y/a) and 26 TDs vs. 9 INTs

333/495 (67%) for 3852 yards (7.8 y/a) and 26 TDs vs. 12 INTs

Honestly, if Mayfield bounces back the Browns are going to really regret this flirtation with Watson that looks to have Mayfield filing for divorce.

• Pie 1

We will have all the INTs but at least more production with Mayfield. You could probably win with an elite team around Baker…but even that won’t save you from Darnold.

I say f all that and draft a rookie, if he fails it won’t be that big of a deal. Hell you might even get the first pick like the Jags and can take a legit qb next draft.

If only we’d be smart draft olineman + supporting case and start PJ giving us the first pick next year.

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My patience for new accounts that are just trolling and looking to pick fights is zero right now. Just FYI. Enjoy the rest of the day off.

Is it hard to moderate with a Tarheel blue dick in your mouth?

• Flames 2