• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

We're not winning the super bowl next year.. And I promise we weren't going to even with Watson..

Clearly. But not the point. He would get us excited at least, but that's not happening now and I'm not sure the fan base will care. 

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Sheena is starting to rub me the wrong way. She's a panthers reporter but every tweet seems to be happy that deshaun isn't choosing us

Sheena is very impartial. She doesnt have a side. She's the best insider Panther fans have right now. 

Just now, scratched said:

If the Falcons can't make it work, he comes to the Panthers. I think he went back to NO because something just wasn't right. So he was giving them one more chance before he makes his decision. It's FALCONS or PANTHERS, IMHO!

Na, the Owner met with him. 

6 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

the only way I see ATL getting him is if they deal Ryan first and I don't think any team will want to deal with his cap situation

• If you are Indy, you are low balling the hell out of the Falcons today for Ryan--taking the salary for no picks.
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, PappyMay said:

Good Lord, back out of the deal. Use the 30 million we have to sign 2-3 good players and take a day 1 starter at # 6 or trade down and take Lloyd/Dean/Linderbaum/Penning. I'm over him at this point. I know everyone says we suck but I really think we could be just 4-5 players from a playoff spot. Can go get 3-4 of them and keep improving.

And, This deal is going to hamstring NO or ATL for the next few years. W Brady on the way out, this could be a blessing in disguise… if we can find a QB, that is.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Falcons are stuck with Matt Ryan if they can't find a trade partner in like 4 hours. $8M roster bonus kicks in soon. 

Like I've said all along, Atlanta is Watson's #1 choice. His people reached out to them after his meetings with the Saints, Panthers, and Browns. 

If they can't make it work, it's down to the Panthers and Saints.

And I think the Panthers have a better shot against the Saints than many expected. But it's still not a great chance because I think Atlanta will leave no stone unturned to make this work.

Watson would fill their stadium.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Monty83 said:

As a new owner, Tepper made some critical errors - 1) he did not hire a seasoned GM right away to navigate the NFL waters, 2) he hired a college coach without a lot of professional ties to be the HC, who 3) hired a college OC and DC without the pro pedigree either. We are an NFL franchise run by college guys. And outside of Brady’s Burrow stint, not even prominent college guys. 

Not only does the league probably not respect us, I know our connections and contacts must suck. And when you do that you MUST be successful on the field. You can’t give years and hope they figure it out. And you certainly can’t show up to court a Top 5 QB and think you’re gonna land him, even if you are holding the biggest bag. I’m sure Watson’s folks did their research and were like, “they don’t have real football people in place for us to be successful. Cam probably told them as much.

”You ain’t gotta get ready if you stay ready.” We showed up to the dance not ready EVEN AFTER a year. Still not ready. That’s unforgivable.

Yep 

Just now, MHS831 said:
  • If you are Indy, you are low balling the hell out of the Falcons today for Ryan--taking the salary for no picks.

Straight up. Colts could get a great deal. But Atlanta might want assets they could turn around and send to Houston. 

• Pie 1

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Clearly. But not the point. He would get us excited at least, but that's not happening now and I'm not sure the fan base will care. 

fug your excitement!! Let's just build a team that can win consistently.. 

If your not excited to have a football team in your city that you can watch and support then you're not a fan anyway..