• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, hsfolk said:

I think CJ Gardner-Johnson is in a potential Watson trade for NO. He scrubbed his twitter of all Saints related stuff this morning

https://twitter.com/CGJXXIII

I'm aging them pulling off a deal by sending 3 1st round picks in the fuging 20s, Ruiz and CGJ.  What a fuging joke.

Houston deserves to burn in NFL hell if they accept that bullshit.  Which they will.

its not done yet, but we honestly should find the silver lining here. There really is one... this roster is young and full of talent. We can leverage that, get a QB this draft (opr go after someone like Carr) and build on that. 

We arent far from competing. We are depleted of talent like the lions or jets.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Why this was so important is because, as other have posted, the bust rate is astronomically high on QBs taken in the first round. 

I want to take Willis, but do I know if he will be a franchise QB?  Nope.  So we could very well be picking top 5 for the next 3 years until we find one, and there are no guarantees.  Watson is a guarantee.

I knew Cam was gonna be what he became in his prime, but that was like winning the lottery how that year lined up with him coming out and us having the top pick.  That likely won't happen again.

I want Watson too, but I'm not going to bash Tepper for trying. We had the best deal for Stafford and likely Watson and got turned down twice, at least we aren't the Lions who don't give a poo.

Tepper is still learning and made a gamble on Rhule and lost. He has the resources and drive to win unlike a lot of other owners. People just need to be patient. He'll learn

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Zod said:

Tepper brought a sweaty used car salesman with him to try to sway Watson. 

Serves him right. 

And the Saints brought a washed up 8-28 DC coordinator so did it really matter who the coach was..

• Pie 1

Just now, Killah_Ray said:

Bruh as a Panthers fan you know we’ve all been sitting through too much shitty football to last a lifetime. It gets really taxing after a while. I survived the Chris Weinke season, but I refuse to spend a dime on the team this year. 

I'm not asking you to, I probably won't either. But the hysterics are a little overboard. NFL fortunes can change very very quickly. It's happened many times this decade.

I'm telling you, once the trade details come out you'll understand why Nick wanted to drag this out but the deal has been done since Monday. 

I 100% guaranteed Watson to Carolina.

And I know the time when it will be announced but Rayzor might ban me for saying it. 

gLBZM6.gif

• Poo 3

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2022/3/17/22982689/the-latest-on-deshaun-watson-including-aj-terrell-as-possible-trade-compensation

THIS…is what most Falcons (and probably Saints) fans are thinking. So basically the die hard fans don’t want him bc he’s going to mess up the cap and their roster already sucks (Falcons). The average fans don’t want him bc of the personal stuff. I hope he goes to ATL if he doesn’t come to CAR and honestly wouldn’t be too disappointed if he doesn’t come. Keep building. But if he goes to the Falcons…..ohhhhweee. They are gonna be mediocre for at least a couple years. They better be able to get some value FAs and not miss. Cuz the draft will be depleted and the cap is gonna be hell. 

Blaming Tepper for trying his hardest to getting a premier QB on his roster.... that is ridiculous. Are we saying we would have rather had an owner just sit back and watch? 

Tepper put his name and rep on the line to chase a QB to build a championship franchise. It backfired, but its not like he did this just so he could say he did. 

• Pie 1