• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is drafting a QB the plan now?

AU-panther

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I wish ESPN or NFL Network would bring back the old Gruden's Rookie QB Camp show. That would be a great thing to have this year's class go through. Obviously, you'd need a new host... Maybe Dilfer?

Mariucci (sp?) does a good job too.

• Pie 1

Here is what we know--we are going to a "run first" offense.  A QB that can run is a plus.   I can see where a disciplined, dual threat rookie might be effective, but it is a huge gamble.  I look at Fields in Chicago--same dynamic, but the Bears did not have the pieces in place.  We just might.
I wish I knew more about it, but this could be the best situation to start a young, inexperienced, dual threat QB.

43 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Willis is raw as hell which makes me think they won’t draft him if rhule is indeed on the hot seat. Pray they don’t draft pickett.

I think Tepper is going to decide the QB position since Rhule botched it so much. I don’t know if that’s good or bad…

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

high character too

That’s such a big part of it. If you get a humble, high character person with great work ethic that is oozing talent/potential it seems like a high chance of working if the right players are around him (which we are kind of doing now). 
Roll out with Cam the first few games with a couple plays for Willis (thinking zone reads, short check downs to get him comfortable). Start working him into the offense more as he develops and we can run a power running offense with play action (imagine his arm on play action), lean on our defense and maybe win some games. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

do it

I feel that Liberty QB Malik Willis will be something really special in a few years. The team willing or able to wait while he adjusts to the  NFL will be greatly rewarded.

I would love for that team to be the Panthers but I will be surprised if it is because they don't seem the  type team that would be willing to wait.

55 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I wish ESPN or NFL Network would bring back the old Gruden's Rookie QB Camp show. That would be a great thing to have this year's class go through. Obviously, you'd need a new host... Maybe Dilfer?

Nah bring back Gruden and cancel the idiotic cancel culture 

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s not a QB in this class that helps Rhule win now which is what he will need to do to save his job.

It’ll probably be Minshew or Jimmy G leading the offense which is whatever… but on the other hand, drafting Cross, Ekwonu, or Neal at six and having a line of… Cross/Ekwonu/Neal - Christensen - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton is something to be excited about.

Assuming his job is in jeopardy, of course. Which I don't think it is and especially after this FA. But that's just my opinion.