• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling Pretty Good about this

Big Sexy

Agreed. We don’t have to play him twice a year which makes it much, much easier to digest. We have a shot at building a complete team now, so that once we do find a solution at QB we will be set…..well once we get our new head coach that is 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Big Sexy said:

I woke this morning thinking and being grateful now that we lost the Watson deal. We have signed 5-7 free agents in places of need. Extended our best receiver and still have money and some draft picks. Watson my have been good, But I feel we really won in what we did. I have hope for the future now. 

Thanks, Kevin Nash. 

Interested Kevin Nash GIF

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

The overall roster is in a much better place. We still need a QB (and a coach) but if you fire Rhule after this year and hire a legit coach you're basically in the Broncos' situation where you have all the pieces in place minus a QB and then you're in a position to actually lure in a legit vet looking for a fresh start.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 6
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I was pretty upset we didn’t get Watson at first, but I will admit I’m glad we didn’t. That’s a lot of guaranteed money for a guy with two torn acls and been out of the league for over a year with legal issues. Good job Panthers I will admit I was wrong 

The Money and lost draft picks would've been too high a price anyway.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The overall roster is in a much better place. We still need a QB (and a coach) but if you fire Rhule after this year and hire. Alright coach you're basically in the Broncos' situation where you have all the pieces in place minus a QB and then you're in a position to actually lure in a legit vet looking for a fresh start.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

22 minutes ago, Big Sexy said:

I woke this morning thinking and being grateful now that we lost the Watson deal. We have signed 5-7 free agents in places of need. Extended our best receiver and still have money and some draft picks. Watson my have been good, But I feel we really won in what we did. I have hope for the future now. 

100% agree!  Not stuck with contract, Rhule probably gets canned next offseason, Brady will retire soon, Saints without Payton will tear it down soon, and Falcons just pissed off their franchise QB. We have young pieces and are making good moves. We have our picks and more money. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The overall roster is in a much better place. We still need a QB (and a coach) but if you fire Rhule after this year and hire a legit coach you're basically in the Broncos' situation where you have all the pieces in place minus a QB and then you're in a position to actually lure in a legit vet looking for a fresh start.

Agreed but I don’t think there will be a vet like Stafford, Watson or Wilson available next season or any time soon. Maybe but it’s rare as hell for guys like that to ever become available and I don’t see any right now on the horizon. Probably need to nab one in the 2023 draft even if we have to trade up to get our guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Agreed but I don’t think there will be a vet like Stafford, Watson or Wilson available next season or any time soon. Maybe but it’s rare as hell for guys like that to ever become available and I don’t see any right now on the horizon. Probably need to nab one in the 2023 draft even if we have to trade up to get our guy.

It has been rate in the past but damn if it isn't happening a lot recently. Maybe it's an anomaly or maybe it's the new trend. We'll see.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Some of the greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. I think the DW4 debacle truly humbled Tepper and co.

I regained some confidence in Tepper, he could’ve had Watson it seems had we guaranteed that idiotic contract fully.  Clearly DW asked, we said no then they went to Cleveland and they did it.  Was far too risky a move for the Panthers

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Big Sexy said:

I was never excited by the prospect of DW or the price it would take.

I was livid at how Tepper handled the poo show.

Now that it’s over, this is the best possible remaining outcome.  Some face saved.

• Beer 1