• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on Duane Brown

Jmac

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Tepper and Rhule seem dead set on Pickett at 6. 

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Get Brown, and Cross at 6 learns from the best elder statesmen for a year. And then you have a LT for the next 10-15 years 

Edited by Actionman0z
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Tepper and Rhule seem dead set on Pickett at 6. 

Smoke and mirrors baby...maybe they want people to think we are tacking QB...then get a haul for people wanting to trade up to 6 for WILLIS???  Maybe...dunno.....I am going to go watch DRAFT DAY..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Anything over 2yrs./$20M and we are getting fleeced. The guy is almost 40 and is coming off his worse season since his rookie year.

I agree. I think we should stay away. I'd honestly rather just play Christensen at LT.

Like I said, Whitworth is a unicorn. Very, very few OTs remain effective in their late 30s. Maybe Brown can overcome Father Time too but IMO you gotta play the odds on these decisions and the odds are pretty heavily against it.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree. I think we should stay away. I'd honestly rather just play Christensen at LT.

Like I said, Whitworth is a unicorn. Very, very few OTs remain effective in their late 30s. 

Not sure who mentioned this but I looked into it and Christensen was much better at LT than LG… by like a long shot. If we sign Brown or Armstead then Christensen is for sure getting moved to guard which I don’t think is great for his progress.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 4

Everyone keeps saying Pickett but everything I have seen from senior bowl and combine on say Willis is clearly qb1. Pickett and Willis would have been taken behind every first rounder from last year. That puts them around second round caliber or Jimmy G range. If that's the case I gamble on upside which Willis has more of.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, ncstatekwi said:

Smoke and mirrors baby...maybe they want people to think we are tacking QB...then get a haul for people wanting to trade up to 6 for WILLIS???  Maybe...dunno.....I am going to go watch DRAFT DAY..

I want to believe but Rhule recruited him in college, and he went to Tepper's alma matter. All the signs just keep pointing to picket.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Not sure who mentioned this but I looked into it but Christensen was much better at LT than LG… by like a long shot. If we sign Brown or Armstead then Christensen is for sure getting moved to guard which I don’t think is great for his progress.

He was. That's why it baffles me that our fans and seemingly our staff think he's a slam dunk to transition to LG and be successful. His biggest weakness (quite literally) is his playing strength. That'll be a bigger issue at OG going up against primarily interior DTs than it was at LT going up against primarily edge rushers.

• Pie 1