• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral Pro Day Today

ForJimmy

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Trading down is risky if they are high on one particular player. If their 3 are Corral, Pickett, and Willis and Pickett and Willis are drafted before 6 they might have to pull the trigger and take Corral at 6.. 

Trading down in the 1st round for additional picks is good in theory in some cases. But, it can be dangerous if you miscalculate would the other teams might do. I'd hate to trade back and miss the targeted player at a position as important as QB.

I agree with you, if Corral's checks all the boxes and the Pickett and Willis are gone, I'd take Corral at 6...if you're dead set on taking a QB in the 2022 draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

His style of play does not seem like it will translate to the next level or will hold up past 6 games.  Malik has that Steve McNair lower body and does not take the same hits Matt Corral does. 

That's just a matter of being smart. Corral is teachable. I don't believe for a moment that he won't learn how to slide and get down.

24 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Trading down in the 1st round for additional picks is good in theory in some cases. But, it can be dangerous if you miscalculate would the other teams might do. I'd hate to trade back and miss the targeted player at a position as important as QB.

I agree with you, if Corral's checks all the boxes and the Pickett and Willis are gone, I'd take Corral at 6...if you're dead set on taking a QB in the 2022 draft.

In doing mock drafts, trading out of the top 11-12 sucks. So does not having a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not a fun year to run draft simulations. 

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In doing mock drafts, trading out of the top 11-12 sucks. So does not having a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not a fun year to run draft simulations. 

I've been doing a lot of simulations involving trading down.  Two options I've done.  

Trade with ravens.  6 for 14, 45 and a late round. Reasons why they may move up.  Offensive tackle, Defensive line, or corner.  

What  we do with picks.  14. Zion ( oline is set) 45.  Top linebacker or defensive end.  

Another fun one is trading 6 for the Lions 32, 34 and third round. 

This is a trade up to take Willis. They take Hutchinson at 2 then trade up for Willis.  

Linebacker, safety and defensive lineman will still be strong at this point.  So a haul of Moyfe and Brisker for instance. 

As far as Corral he is really interesting.  Live arm and competed in SEC.   Pickett and Willis scare me.  

Edited by mickeye76
Was not done.
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Wanted the Giants to trade up for Mahomes hard. Thought he was the best in the class (he was right).

He told the USA today his rankings for the 2018 draft:

1. Allen
2. Jackson
3. Darnold
4. Rosen
5. Rudolph
6. Mayfield

I assume these are the rest after Mahomes?  If so, he nailed the top 3.  probably Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph and Rosen in that order after.

I wonder what his take is on who's the best in this class.  I hope Rhule listens to him. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Looking like free agent tackle or QB; get the other in the draft. 

Agreed.

I'm hoping that whoever they agree with as a free agent, they can put off finalizing / announcing the deal until after the draft so as not to tip their hand.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1