• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral Pro Day Today

ForJimmy

48 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I like corral. Big time arm. 

Yes, the only criticism I have heard is about his "frail" (thin) body.  But Simms said he is perfect for the "new" NFL offenses.   It would make me feel better if he shines today.

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes, the only criticism I have heard is about his "frail" (thin) body.  But Simms said he is perfect for the "new" NFL offenses.   It would make me feel better if he shines today.

Yeah he has a Zach Wilson body type. 6 3 205. Problem with him is his playing style. He will get fuged up in the nfl if he continues to lower his shoulder. He’s too small. He is very talented tho.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like whoever has their pro day last will be the guy that everybody wants 😕

By the time Corral finishes his workout the same folks that were screaming for Willis will be screaming for Corral and calling any with doubts a hater or racist. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I watched the QB school and he pointed out some mechanical issues with Corral--they could be corrected.  One: Throws from his toes at times.

two: Skip step to throw deep ball (The NFL will not allow that)

those were the two main things that were pointed out

36 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

An almost dream scenario for me would be trading pick 6 to the eagles for pick 16 and 19 so they could land one of the top DE and we somehow get Penning and Corral.  Unlikely?   Sure, but one could dream.

Going by the draft chart 16 + 19 are worth more than 6.

Pick 6 is 2092. Pick 16 (1595) + 19 (1508) = 3,103.

The difference of 1,011 is between pick 50 (1,018) and 51 (1,007). We'd have to give them something equivalent to a mid 2nd rounder when we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A player or a future pick are the only options I see. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Going by the draft chart 16 + 19 are worth more than 6.

Pick 6 is 2092. Pick 16 (1595) + 19 (1508) = 3,103.

The difference of 1,011 is between pick 50 (1,018) and 51 (1,007). We'd have to give them something equivalent to a mid 2nd rounder when we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A player or a future pick are the only options I see. 

The charts I had looked at valued it at 1600 to 1875, with the difference basically being an early third value.  Trades dont always go to chart value these days.  Its just a basic guide.

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The charts I had looked at valued it at 1600 to 1875, with the difference basically being an early third value.  Trades dont always go to chart value these days.  Its just a basic guide.

I was using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL Draft Trade Value Chart. I'm sure different teams use different charts. 

You know this might explain the "don't send us negative points" comment from Tepper last year. If that team used a different chart, they might have thought they were giving us value and we saw it as "negative points".

• Pie 1

Corral was the QB1 when the season kicked off and slowly lost traction. Injury in the Bowl game didn't help his cause either. 

Agree w/ MHS - high level of SEC competition, in between Willis and Pickett for measurables, competitor/personality is there, etc. 

Will be intriguing for sure. 

• Pie 1

FYI...

Florio points out that the draft would be the obvious place to look for a possible long-term solution.

Falcons GM Terry Fontenot acknowledges that they're going to be looking hard at the draft prospects but says he won't reach for one.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably going to draft a quarterback.

Something to keep in mind if you're talking about trading back...

Edited by Mr. Scot