• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deion Calls Out Panthers, Along with 7 Other NFL Teams, For Not Sending a Single Scout to Jackson St. Pro Day

Proudiddy

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one would care about Jackson State's coach "shaming" NFL teams for not attending his pro day if that coach wasn't an NFL HOFer. I still don't.

Spot on. 

Screw Deion🖕.

Get a 😂 out of the "when we arrive" comment...

...he'll bail on that program before they "arrive". 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Spot on. 

Screw Deion🖕.

Get a 😂 out of the "when we arrive" comment...

...he'll bail on that program before they "arrive". 

I don't understand the vitriol toward Sanders here. He's stumping for his players and his program. That's what he should be doing as the head coach of Jackson State.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand the vitriol toward Sanders here. He's stumping for his players and his program. That's what he should be doing as the head coach of Jackson State.

He isn’t an old rich (rich but not on this level) owner of a team. 🤯🤯🤯🧜‍♂️

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If there is one player, you don't have to go to the pro day, you can have a private workout when it is convenient.

Very good point.  I have also heard old GMs say they have missed certain pro days on purpose because they were already sold on a guy and wanted to throw off the scent.

There is a reason why franchises like the Steelers have had players like John Stallworth & Donnie Shell, and the Colts with Darius Leonard, Robert Mathis, & Antoine Bethea while we rather reach for players like Armanti Edwards & Will Grier.

Our scouting department can do more.

• The D 1

2 hours ago, AceMan said:

There is a reason why franchises like the Steelers have had players like John Stallworth & Donnie Shell, and the Colts with Darius Leonard, Robert Mathis, & Antoine Bethea while we rather reach for players like Armanti Edwards & Will Grier.

Our scouting department can do more.

I love the Antoine Bethea story the way Bill Polian tells it.  He said he was going thru film of prospects when he came across Bethea.  He wasn't sure whether he should look at him as a safety or a corner in Dungy's defense, so he took the film to Dungy.  After seeing the kid play Dungy asked Bill if other people had seen the tape.  Bill said NO, just him and Dungy.  Tony told Bill to draft the kid, and not to discuss it with anyone for fear of the "secret" getting out.

They end up drafting Bethea, with the idea that he will begin his career at safety and as he gains experience he will move to corner.  In one of his first practices at safety he gets 2 picks.  After the second pick Dungy turns to Bill and says "I guess we are leaving him at safety."

• Beer 2