• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: will T.Lawrence be a bust?

Jmac

Trevor IMO was more hype than anything, the freshman year catapulted things, and the national media ran with it from there. 

I think he checks all of the boxes, but I don't think he excels at anything in particular or is elite, I just think he's good prospect that checks all the boxes.

TBF JAX roster had a lot of work / still needs said work, and they had a joke of a coach this past season, so he's not a bust, I simply think he's not as good as a guy like Luck was coming out of Stanford.  

Trevor is ultra talented…maybe the most talented QB out there.  He needs time and supporting cast.  He will be one of the best QBs very soon

He was more mature than his coach last season.  Urban is a goober

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I can say this, Sunshine never really gave me the impression that he loved football or needed football. He just happened to be really fuging good at it.

I did have some concerns about him being able to mentally get to that next level in the NFL.

I would rate him the number one pick in the next 3 drafts comfortably.  Hard to find a player with a better profile coming out

A player like Trevor really didn’t have any questions.  He is a little long with his delivery but what prospect is going before someone like him with his skills?  Any team would take him #1 like forever

Edited by Shocker

8 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think he will be considered a bust because of the hype behind him.  I'm not sure he'll ever live up to that.  Probably a decent career as a middle tier starter or as a backup worst case.

Which player would you seriously take point in time over him?  He would have gone #1 over Burrow by a mile and Burrow had maybe the best season ever.   Trevor goes #1 any draft.