• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neal vs Cross

Mr. Scot

Cross has been my guy for awhile.  I wouldn’t complain with Neal at all, he’s a fantastic prospect, but Cross is the best at pass pro imo and has that nasty streak to excel in the run game as well if coached right, which we just got in Coach Campen.  

I admit I know nothing about any of them other than a few highlight videos.  It really doesn't matter to me which one they pick as long as it's the right one. I do admit to being intrigued by Penning and his mean streak. We need more of that on the online. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I like Ekwanu and if the cost wasn't ridiculous, I wouldn't mind moving up to 4 to get him ahead of the Giants if he's still available. Cross is the better LT immediately but I think Ekwanu's ceiling is higher. Cross wouldn't be a bad consolidation prize though. Neil is a good tackle, he doesn't look as smooth in his movements as the other 2. 

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern with Neal is that he should be the slam dunk #1 OT. Arguably one of the best OT prospects ever. He checks all the physical boxes. That he's not is a big red flag IMO. 

Like I said, he's all over the place.

It'd be good to know why.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ickey had a good combine so got a bump in the media, but his pass pro on film is a question mark. Neal is the best ready to go all arounder. Cross is good technically but not a mauler. I think all 3 would be an upgrade for us but Cross basically plays the same game as BC but longer arms!!! and better against the bull rush. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I had to venture a guess I would say that it's some concern over health, not that he's been injured, but he's a big guy and big guys that size can be more susceptible to injury. His footwork is good but a little slower than his upper body movement and can cause some balance issues and he doesn't have as much attitude and nastiness as others. He's still a very good tackle no doubt, but that's what stood out to me. I think that's why he's been as low as 6. Just a little bit of concern could cause him to drop from the top spot. 

5 hours ago, Michael G said:

IMO they are very different players. Neal seems bigger and stronger, but Cross is a better technician. If we really are moving to more of a power running game Neal might be a better fit, but Cross seems to be really well thought of as a pass blocker. I've also seen a few evaluations that say Neal may be better suited to play guard but I'm not sold on that (But it might be nice for him to be able to slide inside at LG if Brady C can Play LT well). Neither has the "Mean Streak" that IKE has though (at least not in the few games and highlights I've watched). I think I'd rather have Neal 

Here's an article that breaks them down and gives a comparison. I basically agree with it.

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=619246

I don't think Neal is assured to be a LT. RT or OG are possible for him. 

My view is that Neal and Ekwonu will be successful somewhere on a starting OL. Cross will either be successful as a LT or he just won't be successful.

Bottom line, I'll take any of the three.

• Pie 2