• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

8 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

My first thought is are they trying to create more cap space to sign or trade for another QB.

I think its Mayfield, just a gut feel. Dont care about recent reports stating they dont like the guy. He feels like Rhules dream QB. 

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

Start with the teams that have the most cap space and go from there. If we are offering compensation there will be a few willing to listen. At this point it should start clicking for fans that they don't want him here even as a backup. They want him out of the building. That speaks for itself.

Two years in a row of this at QB.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Start with the teams that have the most cap space and go from there. If we are offering compensation there will be a few willing to listen. At this point it should start clicking for fans that they don't want him here even as a backup. They want him out of the building. That speaks for itself.

I think you have to look first at teams who have the most need at quarterback.

But with the draft coming up, the timing might not be ideal.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If that happens, I gotta believe pick six is used on a quarterback.

(which is kinda unfortunate wording) 😕

Either that or we go LT at 6 and trade for Jimmy G or Mayfield. I don’t care what “reports” say about our and Bakers mutual interest. Nobody tells the truth this time of year. 

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Perhaps to Houston as part of a deal for Tunsil??

Let's face it, Sam Darnold has essentially zero trade value. If a trade were to be made, you can expect that the Panthers will have to foot most of the bill, similar to what they did in the Teddy Bridgewater trade.  

Releasing Darnold would be a tough pill to swallow in terms of cap money and trading him seems impossible but the one thing the Panthers can't do is have Darnold on the roster for 2022 and beyond.

Let's face it, even if Darnold recovers from his shoulder injury, there's no way he's going to touch the field. So if you know he's not going to be your starter, you can't pay a guy $18 million to sit on the bench.