• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They must have a QB plan...

Jmac

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:
  27 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As "finished,broke down and over" Cam is, he is much more entertaining to watch play football than Sam and 100% of the rookies in this draft. This defense, these players want to win. People for their own shts and giggles want what they want but what's best for this team right now, their moral, their will to win/play for something is no other than ACE BOOGIE.

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Now get out of your feelings and old narratives and let's take the damn NFCS. Crush them with Cam and weapons now AND a real OC and this defense. And Rhule not getting in the way.

It's ripe for the taking.

Expand  

I love Cam but that shoulder is shot and as the year goes on, it gets worse and worse 

Everyone knows this. Nfl defenses know this and crowd the line  they do not fear that arm so only half the offense can be run.

cmc helps that situation…you know…when he is in there 

if they draft Willis and want Newton to start and then giveaway, that’s possible but the issue is still there 

I love him but I’d rather he not be used and abused again to put butts in the seats that Tepper’s incompetence took away 

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

You can't play QB in the NFL or pass a physical if that was so.

FAKE NEWS.

35 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As "finished,broke down and over" Cam is, he is much more entertaining to watch play football than Sam and 100% of the rookies in this draft. This defense, these players want to win. People for their own shts and giggles want what they want but what's best for this team right now, their moral, their will to win/play for something is no other than ACE BOOGIE.

Now get out of your feelings and old narratives and let's take the damn NFCS. Crush them with Cam and weapons now AND a real OC and this defense. And Rhule not getting in the way.

It's ripe for the taking.

You need help

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I used to laugh it off but now it is just annoying how low the standards have become. We've gone from a winning or mediocre season every other year to just a dumpster fire and some people are like yes please give me more of that. I don't care if we aren't competing for a super bowl or playoffs right away just give me a QB that isn't a cringy interception machine please.

Main reason why I am fine with someone, anyone, starting next year at QB. As long as it isn't Darnold. Heck I'd take PJ for the entire year. He'd throw a billion interceptions but at least we would have Bryce Young to look forward to. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jmac said:

....That we are not aware of. I'm sure the F.O has something up their sleeves to get a quality QB. They wouldn't go into the season with just Darnold and Walker. They spent good $$$ to build up the Oline and get a bruising RB to complement CMC. Not going to waste all those one and two year deals on a failed project.

It may actually be a completely different outcome then has been discussed on here. April will be one interesting month.

Remember the 2020 and 2021 QB plans?

So....you know the plan was Watson in 2022, right? That was Plan A, Plan B and Plan C.

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why didn't Atlanta sign him?

Probably because Deshaun was angling toward ATL and probably because he didn't want to step on Cams toes by choosing Carolina.

He's the Panthers all time leading passer. Cam Newton is an NFL legend, a SEC Legend. After all the fighting he's done for us, the 15-1 season, the SB!? Wanting a contract from US. Wanting to be back here in the community that he's given so much to and the community that became a part of him. 

People talk a lot of junk about Cam but the man does a lot of good when people aren't watching from hospital visits to handing out pizzas to the homeless, leaving huge tips to service industry folk around town. Not only is he a former MVP and record holder he is unselfish and caring when nobody is watching. I'm here locally so I get to hear about his other works.

Until he doesn't want to fight anymore, I speak for many when I say THAT man should always welcome through those doors and until he retires he BELONGS with the Panthers and that's what I've learned in his absence. There are things that go beyond football and he is the Panthers first and only #1. Truly a special player, healthy, strong shouldered player.

He knows that, he just wants some of that love they showed Watson, I will say Fitt wanting to sit down with Cam before FA tells you everything you need to know about who your next likely QB will be.

Like I've said, watching Cam play is more entertaining than any of these below average free agent or any of these rookies all of whom need a redshirt and he gives the players something to play for a chance to win.

I don't need help. Can't question my homerism. If Jake could still throw I'd be on his bandwagon.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I’m actually ok with doing nothing and hope we suck bad enough to draft 1-2 next year.

I’m thinking that this is their plan unless some kind of unforeseen event happens like Carr or Murray actually being offered in a trade by their organizations. Rhule is getting paid bank so I think he’s pie in the sky right now and is willing to take another season with Darnold…understanding that if he succeeds then he’s proved the doubters wrong. If he fails then, well….”I wanted to take Pickett but they forced me to keep Darnold.” 

Fitterer at this point is doing what he should do….Evaluating potential veteran trades but not mortgaging the future. Also not going to let Rhule destroy his franchise by over drafting a QB. If they get one by trading back then I think he pulls the trigger. Otherwise I think he’s set on drafting BPA and building. 

Tepper - Honestly he seems to have finally gotten out of his own way. It seems like he told Fitterer that fixing the team is on him. He likely told Rhule that he can have the coaching changes he wants and the types of players he wants but no deal is happening without Fitterer and Morgan saying it’s a good personnel move. Which…..includes the draft.