• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

15 minutes ago, davos said:

Penning is getting drafted ahead of him. Cross and Thib are gonna slip.

Penning ahead of Cross

Jermain Johnson Jr and Walker ahead of Thibodaux

Wilson is also going high. Possibly top-7

I think Walker is going high and I think NFL teams agree. In fact- Id take Walker over Hutchinson 10/10. 

Penning feels better than Cross and had a great combine/senior bowl. I spend one weekend hitting on the cream of this class, with Cross I never got a firm opinion. Not his fault, team strategy was get the ball out fast and not enough rushing attempts. But that school is maybe the best at making LTs, props to coaching and recruiting. 

Thib is one of those were some teams will have him off the board or 2nd-3rd round grade.  Others will have him as a top 5 lock, are those teams drafting in the top five??? idk...  

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think Walker is going high and I think NFL teams agree. In fact- Id take Walker over Hutchinson 10/10. 

Penning feels better than Cross and had a great combine/senior bowl. I spend one weekend hitting on the cream of this class, with Cross I never got a firm opinion. Not his fault, team strategy was get the ball out fast and not enough rushing attempts. But that school maybe the best at making LTs, props to coaching and recruiting. 

Thib is one of those were some teams will have him off the board or 2nd-3rd round grade.  Others will have him as a top 5 lock, are those teams drafting in the top five??? idk...  

Great points--the top 10 picks are going to be very interesting.  Cross is a faller, IMO.  I think Thib is not going top half of round 1.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Great points--the top 10 picks are going to be very interesting.  Cross is a faller, IMO.  I think Thib is not going top half of round 1.

I think the draft will be just as crazy as this past 1st wave of free agency. QBs just vast difference of opinions and they are the king&queens of this leagues. I think 8 teams have multi 1sts, just going to lots of moving. Theres going to a run on either/both of the LT-DE-edge groups, some teams will panic and some will be ready. Theres even talk about wanting future picks form a few teams. I also think there will be a couple of trades for current players for picks, rare but this should be a crazy one. 

The teams that are best prepared will win the draft.   

Bucket up AND put a helmet on!

d68BqE.gif.bd5f001ba1971f889471dbe91a330d86.gif

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

No SR Bowl, no combine--he is flying under the radar. 

Now I am going to dazzle with some conspiracy theory--the Panthers were all over Pickett--front and center for Willis at their pro days--but the presence at Corral's day seemed less of an event--I have to go back and check details, but I think McAdoo or someone like that (Mr Scot--I need you here) was absent and they did less in front of cameras to show interest. 

I just gotta feeling....

It’s a good feeling. Tingling in all the right places! 

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

It seems like it’s really happening, we are gonna screw this up bad. If Neal, Ekwonu, or Cross are there at six, WE HAVE TO TAKE THEM

I think the same brain rot that has convinced everyone this QB class is terrible has also convinced everyone that this OT class is particularly exceptional. Neal has all the measurables you could ever want but isn't considered the slam dunk #1 OT available for a reason. Ekwonu is a terrific run blocker but his ability to take on NFL speed rushers off the edge is a question. There are questions about Cross's physicality at the NFL level.

Honestly, I think both these OT and QB classes are fairly typical. Some good prospects but no slam dunks among them.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, stirs said:

Not sure what we can get from Seattle for the move of 3 spots.

Probably a 3rd and 6th

If Finesserer knows its for a QB, you can squeeze A LOT harder. Its sorta like if I called a food catered company and need food for 200= one price. Call them up and say I need catered food for wedding size 200 = one price x 30%. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

Just now, Basbear said:

If Finesserer knows its for a QB, you can squeeze A LOT harder. Its sorta like if I called a food catered company and need food for 200= one price. Call them up and say I need catered food for wedding size 200 = one price x 30%. 

Not sure.  Especially this year.  All 3 QB's could be there when we pick