• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Garoppolo could be flat out cut.

hepcat

23 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed.  For whatever reason you don't like JImmy G.  He's a winner.  If we could get him on a reasonable contract, what is your holdback?  So we draft a rookie, do any of you actually believe that ANY of these rookies are ready to start?

Corey Miller was on Bailey/WFNZ  last week and was very constructive on Jimmy G. 👍

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

I don't want us to substitute one lame ass QB with another. He's not an answer and if he's not an answer I'm not interested.

My fear is that they would treat him like he was the answer and I just don't want any part of that. 

They dug their hole with Darnold, for all I care they can rot in it until we wise up and get a HC who won't fug up. 

There's not a vet answer available and there isn't going to be one this year. 

Either we draft one or (more preferable) roll with who we've got and fix the damn OL.

You just stated word for word my position and yet you mocked me for mine.

Sounds like the 49ers trying to drum up trade interest from a team before he hits to open market...

That guy isn't enough to make any real difference here but I just don't care as long as we don't trade draft capital for him or do a long term contract. Whatever, they wouldn't have drafted Lance after a very large trade if Jimmy was good enough.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, hepcat said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-rumors-jimmy-garoppolo-might-have-be-cut-not-traded-49ers?amp

I am down to sign him for a reasonable contract if this happens. 

Now sources are predicting.

You really do not need a source to post a prediction.  It is probably true because having Jimmy G on the roster would be a distraction, so you do not need a secret source to predict that.   Trading for Jimmy G gets you his salary--or claiming him off waivers, if I am not mistaken--he has to clear waivers and then you can compete for him.  I see Seattle, New Orleans, and Carolina as the primary suitors, with Detroit, Philly, and Pittsburgh---maybe showing some interest.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Now sources are predicting.

You really do not need a source to post a prediction.  It is probably true because having Jimmy G on the roster would be a distraction, so you do not need a secret source to predict that.   Trading for Jimmy G gets you his salary--or claiming him off waivers, if I am not mistaken--he has to clear waivers and then you can compete for him.  I see Seattle, New Orleans, and Carolina as the primary suitors, with Detroit, Philly, and Pittsburgh---maybe showing some interest.

I think it just comes down to whether SF can eat the cap hit versus waiting to get what they want in a trade.

If they are smart they get a mid-round pick for him and call it a day. If they can't get that, just cut him.

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

What position?

That adding a middling vet QB is a mistake.

That we need to draft OL.

That the QBs in this draft aren't championship caliber. 

Thus you start Sam next year because that allows us the path to long term success. Because he's either going to be hot or cold. Most likely cold which gives us a chance to draft someone next year.

But if a Miracle happens and he blossoms even better.

49'ers:

2015 > 5-11

2016 > 2-14

2017 > 1-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2018 > 3-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2020 > 3-7 w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 7-27 (.206) w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 9-6 (.600) w/ Jimmy G.

'19/'21 > 27-12 (.692) w/ Jimmy G. fully available, includes a Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games, as well as multiple playoff wins against Whiny Aaron.

Jimmy G. is the epitome of a difference maker...

...the anti-Darnold if you will, like diametric opposition 🏆👊

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

Here's 3 reason I don't want Jimmy G.  1) He's better than Darnold, but not a huge upgrade, which means he will get out of the basement, but only to the bottom floor of the house.  2)  Those few extra wins will cost us draft spots in the 2023 draft where we actually NEED to draft a QB early.  3)  Regarding the  FEW extra wins, Rhule can point to the team trending in the right direction and Tepper keeps this fool around another year.

So no to Jimmy G, Baker Mayfield or any other veteran that might get Darnold and Matt Rule off the hook.  Their marriage was doomed from the rip, so they have to stick through it one more year before they can get rid of one another.  Yes, it will be rough for us fans, but if Cincy, Clevleand, Buffalo can stink for decades, we can suck it up for one more year.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

49'ers:

2015 > 5-11

2016 > 2-14

2017 > 1-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2018 > 3-10 w/o Jimmy G.

2020 > 3-7 w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 7-27 (.206) w/o Jimmy G.

'17/'18/'20 > 9-6 (.600) w/ Jimmy G.

'19/'21 > 27-12 (.692) w/ Jimmy G. fully available, includes a Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games, as well as multiple playoff wins against Whiny Aaron.

Jimmy G. is the epitome of a difference maker...

...the anti-Darnold if you will, like diametric opposition 🏆👊

After all your shitposting over QB's for months on end you're really a Stan for Jimmy Garoppolo of all people.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Pie 1