• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: One QB will be a top 10 pick this year

Zod

Hi Zod,

It appears they may not be as enamored with Pickett as presumed. They like him a lot but they see the issues with Scott and Ben in the picture.

I hear recent rumblings about Ekwonu being there for us 1. Aiden 2. Malik 3. Walker 4. Hamilton 5. Neal

But that takes away from a trade up unless a team wants Pickett. I also hear teams LOVE Penning. Cross only a select few (scheme dependent, but hear we’ve shown interest w/a private interview)

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are trying to trade down then why the fug would this moron say this?

More likely a team in the later part of the first would want to move up for a DE like Thibodeaux or OT like Ekwonu. My bet is Willis to the Seahawks at 9 is the only QB taken in the top 10. 

If Rhule doesn’t think other teams are buying the QB hype, then we need to raise our perceived interest in the top tier players, no matter the position, to incentivize a trade up from the mid-teens or twenties. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I actually agree. Malik will go top 10. Pickett and Corral mid to late first round.

I really find it hard to believe that an NFL GM would draft a QB with so many flaws on the most important traits of an NFL QB who played at Liberty and still didn't dominate based solely on what some say is his "potential" to be a good QB. Anyone who drafts Willis is going to have to teach him how to do practically everything. Run a pro-style offense, read a defense, find more than 1 receiver per play, stay in the pocket, don't run into the DL and get sacked or they will have to run a gimmick offense around his running abilities. 

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, John_Sutter said:

More likely a team in the later part of the first would want to move up for a DE like Thibodeaux or OT like Ekwonu. My bet is Willis to the Seahawks at 9 is the only QB taken in the top 10. 

If Rhule doesn’t think other teams are buying the QB hype, then we need to raise our perceived interest in the top tier players, no matter the position, to incentivize a trade up from the mid-teens or twenties. 

Yeah nobody is going to give up draft capital to move up for a DE. At least nothing comparable to a QB, this dude says some dumb poo.

7 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Anyone who drafts Willis is going to have to teach him how to do practically everything. Run a pro-style offense, read a defense, find more than 1 receiver per play, stay in the pocket, don't run into the DL and get sacked or they will have to run a gimmick offense around his running abilities. 

Same things were said about Cam Newton.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Rhule says he thinks one of the quarterbacks will be a top 10 pick this year.

I actually agree. Malik will go top 10. Pickett and Corral mid to late first round.

Come to think of it, I have never seen Zod and Rhule in the same room at the same time. 

super hero superman GIF

I think you are right, but I also think that if Detroit or Houston takes him in the first three picks, it could cause some trade ups.  If he goes fifth (I firmly believe the Giants will trade out and there could be a player--maybe Seattle) moving up for Willis.  On the other hand, Willis may not be worth the cost to trade up to #5, so he team that gets him could have him fall into their laps.  That could be Carolina at 6.  Would we take Willis, or would we trade back and take a Corral + picks?  Interesting--I would trade back.

Edited by MHS831

Hear me out. What if Rhule is actually playing over 9000 x 420 dimension chess and has tanked the prior 2 season because he knows smol hands will be better than Brady? What if he’s known all along and we all have to eat crow when he pulls off 15 straight undefeated seasons, he’s voted sexiest man alive, and gets his own very tasteful nude 150’ statue of himself, legs on each side of Mint Street and member serving as a pedestrian bridge across the interstate to serve as a reminder of his greatness?

• Pie 1
  • The D 3

27 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

6’5” 265 > 6’0 220

You forgot to add: won the National Championship by carrying the offence on his back.

I'm by no means Newton's biggest fan, but you can't favourably compare Willis to him at all. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I want them to take Willis. JUST so the team is garbage, as usual, for at least the next three years. JUST so the fan base can divide over the QB ... again. JUST so anything negative said about him will be turned into an argument over race. JUST so any bad game he has will be blamed on Rhule, WRs dropping passes, the Oline, or the OC. NEVER CHANGE! Let's keep this place the exact same foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.

DRAFT A DAMN LT. Get your franchise QB next season.