• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

I don’t get the hype either. 

Willis not running the 40 is telling. No need to ruin the hype train with a slower than expected 40.

Most comps for Willis are Steve McNair.

There’s a little revisionist history going on, because McNair wasn’t a good quarterback. 

I don’t want a McNair or a middle of the pack guy at 6. 

Malik’s arm is legit strong, but there are waaaaay too many red flags to spend not just a day 1 pick, but I’d argue a day 2 on him. 

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I don’t get the hype either. 

Willis not running the 40 is telling. No need to ruin the hype train with a slower than expected 40.

If he could run 4.3s like folks claim he'd run. I see a 4.5s guy when I watch him. Still a fast QB but no Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Please, he's over hyped and you're wrong.  PJ is just as athletic as Willis just not hyped up like Willis is.  In any other draft he would be a mid-round pick at best. 

Can PJ run as fast as Murray and be around a 4.4 and throw 75 air yard throws? Let me answer that, nope he can't. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he could run 4.3s like folks claim he'd run. I see a 4.5s guy when I watch him. Still a fast QB but no Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson.

Also look at who he is getting these stats against.  Teams named Troy, ULM, UNT and Campbell (who i had no idea they had a football team)

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Can PJ run as fast as Murray and be around a 4.4 and throw 75 air yard throws? Let me answer that, nope he can't. 

Probably only Vick and Lamar Jackson fit that description lol. 

And Pj has a rocket…he just throws it to the wrong jerseys or it hits grass. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've seen some pretty crazy comparisons with Willis, everything from Cam Newton to Lamar Jackson to now Steve McNair I guess...

Willis was nowhere near as good a college player as any of those guys, and all of them faced much better competition.

There's more projection going on here than in a twenty cinema multiplex.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1