• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Place your bets!

Zod

A little more complicated for me. We have the #6 pick then nothing till the 4th, so we don't have a lot of wiggle room.

In addition, I believe that we not only want but need a Left Tackle and I think we'll draft one at 6. As far as another QB, I think we'll bring Simone in to compete but I think we're rolling with Darnold this year.

The worst part about this plan would be if we played ourselves out of a top QB in the next draft. 

But also a possibility would be drafting a LT at 6 and trading everything else to jump back in. 

We'll either hold on to what we've got and make two picks that will contribute, potentially start, or...

We'll trade back and forth, give up some from next year, and come away with two picks that will contribute and potentially start.

Really, that's kind of what most teams end up with, plus some special teams contributors for a year or two.

9 hours ago, CRA said:

desperate people do desperate things. 

I’m going to guess they trade future picks to gain some more picks in this draft. 

I'm getting the feeling Fitterer would trade a young promising player for a couple of picks in this draft. He mentioned that as an option in the video from the conference and again in the interview on the way back. It was a strange thing to throw out there, twice.  I think he's trolling the waters first more picks already and it's not coming from next year. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

We are going to trade back just a couple spots to still secure a OT and then draft a QB with the next pick 

If we were willing to give up 3 #1s for Watson then we are willing to trade back up if we like a QB.  Move down slightly grab OT.  Spend future picks to move back up for QB.  Why not?  Nothing is guaranteed next draft.  

Personally would be stoked in getting Neal\Ikey or Cross and then move up for Pickett.  

Edited by Shocker