• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Place your bets!

Zod

57 minutes ago, Zod said:

Will the Panthers ...

A) Keep all current draft picks, no trades

B) End up with more or fewer 2022 draft picks

They WANT to do B.  They have the cap space to get a QB and LT in FA and are trying to do just that. 

1)JimmyG's cost is dropping, 9ers may have to release
2) Duane Brown, Nate Solder, Eric Fisher and Riley Reiff are all potential LT targets

If they do both and we can find a trade partner who doesn't offer negative points, we're trading down.

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

Better bet...

Which draft pick will Fit trade first? 1st Round? 4th Round? Next year's 2nd? 

Next years 1 and 2 seem pretty safe IMO. There isn't anything in this draft or in the trade market worth dealing them for ... unless Lamar or Kyler become available.

I'd wager that they take the top LT if ONLY one falls to #6. If multiple (or none) are there then you trade back with the team that A) gives you a good package of picks AND B) keeps you in rage of your next tier of 1st round OL/QB.

Edited by Evil Hurney

Just now, w280sax said:

Thanks.  I'm blind.  It's right there in the screenshot. 

I would be happy with Neal at 6.  If we got him and traded down, that would be pretty amazing. 

Agree…obviously this feels highly unlikely but we can dream

There's gonna be trades. I can't see us sitting on our hands as 101 picks get made before we're back on the clock again.

If had to make a bet I don't think we ultimately make the selection at #6 overall. We'll trade down for more picks.

Rhule is the big wild card. He's gonna be pounding the table for Pickett. Tepper is either gonna have to be willing to tell him to pound sand or the crew is gonna have to convince him he's not worth the #6 overall pick.