• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently the Browns wanted this for Baker.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Baker is worth a 2nd rounder if they take Darnold. That is pretty much it. And mainly that is getting to dump Darnold.

Outside of that 3rd round is iffy. 4th or later is ideal.

Nah. I'll give them a 3rd. A 2nd is simply too high because it likely has long term implications of opportunity costs, and Mayfield is not worth that. Otherwise just grin and bear Darnold for a year and keep our day one and two picks for 2023 sacred.

Edited by top dawg

He's not worth more than a late round pick. Baker got high on his own supply and thought of himself as an elite QB. The Browns exploring the QB market should have served as a big moment for him to change course and work on his image and be a better teammate but instead he reacted how everyone expected.

49 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Nah. I'll give them a 3rd. A 2nd is simply too high because it likely has long term implications of opportunity costs, and Mayfield is not worth that. Otherwise just grin and bear Darnold for a year and keep our day one and two picks for 2023 sacred.

The 2nd is mainly just to get rid of Darnold, which is probably also too steep but I just don't really even want to see him in a Panthers uniform for another year.

21 hours ago, MHS831 said:

There are only about 5-7 teams that would sign Mayfield if he was released--nobody is giving them draft Capital for a $19m child who will seek big bucks in a year.

I think the plan is to go with a young guy for 5 years while we build the team.  In today's NFL if you have not proven your worth in 4 years, prolly need to spruce up the ole resume.

Spot on. I say no to  Mayfield.

• Pie 1

Im seeing a lot of "what have you done for me lately" on this thread. 

Baker is a little arrogant, but we're forgetting that he can freakin play. He's the best QB currently available from any source by a considerable margin and he's easily worth a 2nd, and we can probably get him for a 3rd. Last season he was hurt but did everybody forget what the browns were before him? He literally fixed 20 years of suck. Is he a top 3 QB? No, but he should be consistently top half and is good enough to get a decent team to the superbowl. And hes young, could play for a long time 

The best remaining things we can do is trade a 3rd for him, sign Clowney, and draft a LT. That would make us a very dangerous team. 

Baker has proved he can be a franchise QB. Teams spend decades trying to find one with the crapshoot that is the draft. Here's one that's available for cheap without the history of suck like Darnold had. We should be jumping on the chance. 

42 minutes ago, Sama8525 said:

Im seeing a lot of "what have you done for me lately" on this thread. 

Baker is a little arrogant, but we're forgetting that he can freakin play. He's the best QB currently available from any source by a considerable margin and he's easily worth a 2nd, and we can probably get him for a 3rd. Last season he was hurt but did everybody forget what the browns were before him? He literally fixed 20 years of suck. Is he a top 3 QB? No, but he should be consistently top half and is good enough to get a decent team to the superbowl. And hes young, could play for a long time 

The best remaining things we can do is trade a 3rd for him, sign Clowney, and draft a LT. That would make us a very dangerous team. 

How is he better than Jimmy G?

About Baker--with the additions to the OL and this offense, I think he would prosper.  However, if you get him now, you also get to add a top OT.  If you do not, you have to draft a QB, bypassing a very strong LT.  Baker needs a good running game, some decent to good protection, and weapons.  He would have that here. 

I think, in a weak QB draft market, you trade a fifth rounder for him IF Cleveland absorbs $9m of his salary.  However, if he plays well, he will want $35-40m for 2023, and we are still building--which is why Fit wants a rookie.  So you could trade for him and offer him a voidable, back loaded contract that would be pretty much incentive laden.   I am not sure Baker would take that deal, not sure we would offer it.  I really get the idea that we want a rookie to give us 4 years of building.

I am not of the mindset that he is a bust and I think he could fit this offense.  Considering his locker room issues and maturity concerns, the risk may be too large--but all QBs come with large risk.  That is how I feel right now, fwiw--I am just not that happy with the rookie QBs and see potential in Baker.  Look at his 2020 stuff--and that team was not as good as the one we can put on the field this year, imp.

I think plenty of teams r willing to call the Browns bluff and wait until he’s cut. I wouldn’t offer more than a 6th. Then would let him play out his final year. If he balls out, then absolute worse case, we tag him and make him prove it wasn’t a one yr fluke.