Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Matt Corral


 Share

Recommended Posts

I maybe a little bit biased here.  That being said, I have a good feeling about Matt Corral.  I am a 1983 graduate of Ole Miss.  I have seen many QBs, over the years.  Two stand out, obviously one is Eli Manning. The other is Matt Corral.

is Matt the answer?  I don’t know.  I think the problem is, it is a Crap Shoot no matter who you get as QB, this year.  

What impressed me about Corral is his pin point accuracy.  Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Terry Bradshaw and Arron Rogers all have this ability.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Corral is right among Willis and pickett for the best QB. The issue is no QB is worth the sixth overall, but trade back and add some picks...... if hes still around the late first, I mean why not even though I wouldnt trade a QB before mid-40s. 

Hes got a lighting release, Id say watching him he looks most like an NFL QB from this group. The only reason I have Willis higher is upside potential. Corral mid-range game is the best as well, thats where most of the game is played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ultimately, I think Corral and Howell are the best QB prospects in this draft. Yeah, Willis has the best raw talent but there are tons of question marks around his level of competition and sporadic accuracy. Yeah, Pickett had a great season but it came out of nowhere when he was the oldest most experienced player on the field granted an extra season due to COVID. Where was anywhere near that level of play before? Ridder? You just don't see a special guy when you watch him. He looks like a JAG. The whole is far less than the s of the parts.

My rankings go:

Howell

Corral

Willis

That's the end of the list for guys I'd spend a 1st on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 
MATT CORRALQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
An NFL offensive coordinator told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer Ole Miss QB Matt Corral has “off-field questions.”

“He’s kind of a mess. I’m not sure you want him leading your program. His issues aren’t the kind solved by giving millions of dollars." Corral had the lowest Wonderlic (15) among the top 12 quarterbacks. The character concerns date back to high school and Corral’s first two years at Ole Miss, where off-field issues kept him sidelined as a two-year starter. There are doubts Corral can run an NFL offense coming from Lane Kiffin’s zone-read scheme, giving a wide range of outcomes in a weak class with no consensus. Corral had top-30 visits with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, and Steelers

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:
 
MATT CORRALQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
An NFL offensive coordinator told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer Ole Miss QB Matt Corral has “off-field questions.”

“He’s kind of a mess. I’m not sure you want him leading your program. His issues aren’t the kind solved by giving millions of dollars." Corral had the lowest Wonderlic (15) among the top 12 quarterbacks. The character concerns date back to high school and Corral’s first two years at Ole Miss, where off-field issues kept him sidelined as a two-year starter. There are doubts Corral can run an NFL offense coming from Lane Kiffin’s zone-read scheme, giving a wide range of outcomes in a weak class with no consensus. Corral had top-30 visits with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, and Steelers

I've completely lost all my interest in this QB draft over the last two days. people can dog it all they want but having a low wonderlic score is not a good sign at all, and then he's got serious personal issues. millions of dollars will make these issues worse. not better. Corral has entered "hard pass" for 6 for me

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Willis a lot but he's going to have to sit and I don't think you can trade back and get him past Atlanta at 8. 

 

I still have 4 qbs going in the first round, 2 in the top 20 and then 2 more late first by a team trading up out of the 2nd for them. Willis, Pickett, Howell and Corral 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, Green-Ghost said:

I maybe a little bit biased here.  That being said, I have a good feeling about Matt Corral.  I am a 1983 graduate of Ole Miss.  I have seen many QBs, over the years.  Two stand out, obviously one is Eli Manning. The other is Matt Corral.

is Matt the answer?  I don’t know.  I think the problem is, it is a Crap Shoot no matter who you get as QB, this year.  

What impressed me about Corral is his pin point accuracy.  Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Terry Bradshaw and Arron Rogers all have this ability.

Hope you are right and Corral is a long term answer for the panthers. I didnt change form my old statement in this thread. I had Willis, Corral, and Pickett all in the same group. Upside was the only reason for Willis being nano size ahead. Corral got upside too, I do feel he need to work on his body....Get a pure lifting coach and work. That "yoga" coach who hes with, given history/comfy he can remain fir rehab...but he needs to focus on overall strength and listen to people who know. 

I really enjoyed the panthers draft results. Attack the two valued spots of need and only gave away a future 3rd.......risky, but the reward could be the moon!!

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:07 PM, carpanfan96 said:

I like Willis a lot but he's going to have to sit and I don't think you can trade back and get him past Atlanta at 8. 

 

I still have 4 qbs going in the first round, 2 in the top 20 and then 2 more late first by a team trading up out of the 2nd for them. Willis, Pickett, Howell and Corral 

This didn't age well!!  (ha--I have some head scratchers too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Willis is the only QB that has starter potential but in a boom bust fashion and about 100 degrees lower than say cam…even he is going to probably flop. This class was garbage and is forgettable. You guys need to relax, soon as Tep pulls his head out of his ass and stops trading the future away for rejects or trying to pay his way to find his qb and just takes a down year the QB of the future will arrive.

people need to accept this. 

Edited by onmyown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...