• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KC looking to trade up into top 10.

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think it depends where you are. We did that last year to an extent thinking we were close and we clearly weren't.  But I can absolutely see KC going big given they expect the postseason every year and don't want to waste Mahomes with too little talent. For teams only a few players away I can see them being aggressive. If we get a QB in the draft and it doesn't pan out again, we could be swinging for the fence again next year and being one of those teams.

Yeah, I think it has to revolve around QB. When you have an elite QB I think you have to go into every season with the mentality that this is our year.

I do agree with Fitts though. If you don't have a QB you have to swing and you have to keep swinging until you hit.,

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If you didn't want a QB last year that's understandable. But doing victory laps because he didn't look like a ROTY after heading to the QB wasteland known as the Chicago Bears with a lame duck head coach is strange. One of the yokels giving you a thumbs up for this is a Sam Darnold Stan so not exactly very logical company you're in there but enjoy.

The only people doing victory laps are the ones praising Fields’ rookie season. I’m just saying, if you liked his season last year I’ll get you a Darnold jersey…same thing. Personally, I have a higher standard for who I want to play QB for the Panthers. You’re too triggered about anything and everything to have any kind of objective levelheaded discussion. I even said I’m not discrediting Fields and I expect him to bounce back his sophomore year but you’re way too emotional bro.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Man I was screaming for Fields last year and when he was there at 8 and passed I was crushed.  Don't get me wrong I love Horn, you just don't see many teams that draft a QB in the top 10 turn it around quickly.  The Lions with Okudah, Jags with Ramsey, the Cards way back when they drafted Peterson.  A shutdown CB is more of a "luxury" position IMO.  We should have Fields, no Sam extension (honestly no Sam trade, but that happened first), the $18.5 million extra cap space and in prime position to grab a LT to complete our OL for Fields...

With Fields and Slater on the board, the Horn pick was fuging mystifying. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Fields is 23 y.o. and Darnold is 24.

Fields looks terrible and we all would be ticked we passed on Horn if Fields played like that for us last year.

Manning threw what 28 INTs his rookie season? Relax on rookie QBs struggling, especially one playing for Nagy. Sam has sucked for 4 years now, still can’t read a defense and is costing 18.5 million dollars. It’s not really even a debate at this point. Our team is desperate for a QB with Darnold on the roster, the Bears are happy with Fields and his potential. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

This is true…I said most of last season I want to see this team with a decent OL.  A good to great one?  Things get more interesting 

I honestly think he's probably too broken at this point to fix, at least in terms of reaching his potential.

Putting him behind THAT OLine last year was criminal, and a complete waste of resources - they traded for a reclamation project then threw him into the fire. 

I'd much rather strengthen the OLine for the next guy, whoever that may be, than roll the dice with a premium pick on a middling QB prospect this year. 

• Pie 1

I think we should stay put and draft a LT. The way I see it we should be building our line for the 2023 QB we draft after Darnold poops the bed in 2022. If Darnold plays well, the we can stick with him. There are two ways to screw up our future. 1.) Trade away our 2023 1st round pick. 2.) Draft a poop QB in this draft, and stick with him in 2023. As long as we don't do 1 or 2 the future looks bright.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

The only people doing victory laps are the ones praising Fields’ rookie season. I’m just saying, if you liked his season last year I’ll get you a Darnold jersey…same thing. Personally, I have a higher standard for who I want to play QB for the Panthers. You’re too triggered about anything and everything to have any kind of objective levelheaded discussion. I even said I’m not discrediting Fields and I expect him to bounce back his sophomore year but you’re way too emotional bro.

ForJimmy is pretty even keel and he's been realistic about Fields season and what the future holds. You sought him out to make him up to be a fanboy when all he wanted was a rookie QB last year so we could be in prime position to take our LT now. This regime has been afraid to hitch their wagon to a rookie QB. Now our backs are against the wall and we're stuck with another quick fix dud. There's really no more to it than that and you can rabble rouse about people being emotional but you clearly have an angle on the Fields talk as you have gone out of your way multiple times to dump on someone for wanting a QB last season. Have a good evening bud.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Well it certainly isn't dwelling on losing out on Justin Fields, because that wasn't much of a loss. It's sign Cam, as i've stated in every other post. These QB's are being hyped because ESPN loves to hype them. This will be the year where drafting later will find more gems. But yeah, sign Cam since he'd have his best line in his career, take the Left Tackle at 6 and if we suck, we roll QB next year. If not, Cam is here for a few years.

Perfect! Let’s try Cam again. He is the one QB who had a lower QBR than Fields (who is a rookie abs also had no OL). Problem solved. Cam only makes sense if we draft a rookie knowing he will eventually replace him this year as a starter. Cam is my favorite player, but I’m afraid his days of being a full time starter in this league are done… TJ Watt ruined his career. Well TJ Watt and Hurney for never giving him an adequate OL.