• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper OverRhule’s the HC?

ForJimmy

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Mayfield has to go somewhere. Garropolo, I could see him staying in San Francisco and maybe even being the starter next season. Unless the 49ers got a solid return for Jimmy G I didn't see them trading him with an unproven young QB like Lance behind him. 

No way we pay close to $40 million for Darnold and Baker.  That is next level stupid

34 minutes ago, Growl said:

Matt rhule was never going to try and build a winner with just guys he was familiar with, it is commonplace for new coaches to do this and it always lasts in the range of a season or so.

Ron Rivera brought in guys he was familiar with from San Diego, and like 93% of the Bills roster was at one point former Carolina panthers

the guys you are referring to are interior linemen, they are almost certainly versatile.

one year contracts are not ideal looking for a team looking to build sustained success with quality players, the panthers didn’t sign these proven guys to short term deals because they wanted to evaluate them, and it’s just as easily likely that the short contract came from the players’ camp-an attempt to get a Hassan reddick like contract next season, and much like Reddick, the panthers will likely lose them at the height of their value. 

The OG they signed Corbett (I believe) has sustained success at OG for several years and it young so he got a multiple year deal. Bozeman was a OG who slid over to C last year with the Ravens and found success. That’s a short resume so he got a cheap one year deal. If he plays great he can get extended, if not we can move on. Woods has been a good safety for several years and got a 3 year deal. Foreman looked good filling in for Henry but was a free agent before they picked him up. One year deal makes sense. Hekker is a 3 time Pro Bowl punter so he got a multi year deal. Jackson is proven, multiple year deal. These are logical moves. 
Paying money for Erving because we can play LT, LG, or C decent but none well was a dumb Rhule move. Overpaying for Elf who was below average and couldn’t stay healthy was a dumb Rhule move. As a whole this year is making more logical sense for FAs, is that Rhule? I doubt it, but if it is then he is learning. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

What do you mean bad business decisions?  Tepper's worth has increased by billions, right?  He was at $12B when he bought, now valued at $16B?  Sounds like lots of great decisions for himself.

Team wise?  Well...that poor horse has been beaten to death here...

Obviously they're talking about the Panthers lol

I'm not sure why, after all the Jerry RIchardson years, people continue to tie a football team's success to the wealth building success of its owner.

The 2 have nothing to do with each other.

"The National Football League (NFL) is the most profitable professional sports league in the United States. The total revenue of all 32 NFL teams has constantly increased over the past 15 years, rising from about four billion U.S. dollars in 2001 to over 15 billion U.S. dollars in 2019, the highest figure to date. This figure dropped in 2020, however, due to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In comparison, in 2020, Major League Baseball (MLB) generated about 3.66 billion U.S. dollars in revenues, while the revenue of the the revenue of the National Basketball Association (NBA) reached a total of 7.92 billion U.S. dollars that year."

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Darnold is under center we're gonna be lucky to match the five wins of the past three seasons considering we've lost our sack leader and best CB from last year's team.

If Darnalds under center I don't have any worries about being in the top 10 next year. TBH though I secretly want us to go LT round one and sure up the line for the next guy. 

7 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Paying Mayfield and Darnold that much is perfectly in line with what this team has been doing the last few years.

I have to think the Browns must pay 50-75% of his contract in order to get a late round pick, sorta like with the Teddy deal with the panthers....

If Browns do that and Baker is 8 million for a 2024 7th....Im up for a gamble. Panthers would only be paying the QB room around 30 million in total, thats not too bad......if you dont look at the names....

• Pie 2