• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Borrego / Matt Rhule…. Is their a worse 1-2 combo

TheBigKat

There was a tiny part of me that felt bad for buying courtside seats at the Mavs game primarily so I could hurl insults at James when the Hornets were in town.  But that look and smiles the players gave me when I was telling them to ignore him and do their own thing was so damn telling, and hilarious.  Good riddance to that bum. 

3 minutes ago, Richard Cranium 1 said:

Tepper should just buy the Hornets. Then he could corner the market on SUCK in Charlotte.

Isn't Jordan doing pretty well in that regard himself?

I've heard a couple of people echo the sentiment that Borrego wasn't the problem.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Isn't Jordan doing pretty well in that regard himself?

I've heard a couple of people echo the sentiment that Borrego wasn't the problem.

Jordan definitely has had his flaws no doubt but moving on from Borrego was the right call. Whoever said he was not the problem is either confused or did not watch much Hornets basketball the last few years.

• Pie 3

What will Borrego's legacy be in Charlotte?

Vardon: James Borrego is a nice man. There is no getting past it. He will leave a legacy of decency and one of being LaMelo’s first coach. Also, the Hornets were 20 games better this season than they were two years ago.

So, depending on how they do under the new guy (or gal!), Borrego’s legacy could be as a table-setter.

https://theathletic.com/news/hornets-fire-coach-james-borrego/XI8TkKrZPgc6/

On 4/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, Carl Spackler said:

The problem with that line of thinking is that with the new lottery odds, tanking doesn't guarantee you near as much in the NBA as it does in the NFL. Far better to try and compete.

I'll readily concede that I can't claim to follow the NBA anymore except in passing, so my notion may very well be based on outdated info. I'd disagree only to say that the middle of the pack still seems like purgatory, but if tanking doesn't meaningfully improve your odds in the draft, a change that would seem a smart one if your goal is to incentivize every team to always compete, then teams will have to get more creative in their approach to getting better.

Regardless, one of the factors that has caused me to lose interest in the Hornets from the days of my youth is their perpetual existence just in or just out of the playoffs. There hasn't been a compelling reason for me to be excited about the team for.....

*looks at watch*

...at least 20 years.

14 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I assume you arent watching Charlotte FC this year... they are far from terrible. Not great (14th team out of 28 in the league). However, FAR from terrible.

If I ever start a garage band (I can't even read music) FAR from Terrible will be on the short list of band names along with Close to Tedium and Halfway to Hagerstown.

It's not that I really want to play music, I just have a dream to stand on a stage and scream into a microphone "Hello Des Moines! Make some noise!" and have an assemblage of drunken teenagers and stoned,emotionally stunted adults make noises and gestures displaying various levels of enthusiasm.

If you're gonna dream, dream big.

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

If I ever start a garage band (I can't even read music) FAR from Terrible will be on the short list of band names along with Close to Tedium and Halfway to Hagerstown.

It's not that I really want to play music, I just have a dream to stand on a stage and scream into a microphone "Hello Des Moines! Make some noise!" and have an assemblage of drunken teenagers and stoned,emotionally stunted adults make noises and gestures displaying various levels of enthusiasm.

If you're gonna dream, dream big.

GIF by South Park

16 hours ago, Richard Cranium 1 said:

Tepper should just buy the Hornets. Then he could corner the market on SUCK in Charlotte.

No.

To do that he would need to always be the person in front of me in traffic and the drive through line.

Also he'd have to buy out the state highway dept. and run the road crews that are indigenous to I-85.

And somehow be in charge of the weather in August, which I'm sure we can all agree is wholly unacceptable. No one should be covered in their own sweat 20 seconds after stepping outside. Gross.

15 hours ago, Richard Cranium 1 said:

You're right about Jordan, but since Tepper has a horrible football team and a terrible soccer team, why not add basketball to the portfolio of shame?

As unimpressed (at best) as I am with Tepper's handling of the Panthers, it's tough to cast judgment on a team in its literal first season of existence. Pass issued for that one at least until next year, more likely year 3.

Edited by KSpan